In the ongoing battle over offshore drilling, a federal judge in Alaska told regulators Thursday to redo an environmental impact study that underestimated the amount of recoverable oil and, potentially, the risks to delicate Arctic habitat.
FRESNO, Calif. - California's new effort to map the areas most at risk from pollution features hot spots up and down California.
Born of the hippie, flower-child culture of the 1960s, the modern environmentalist movement in business today is in many ways about dollars and cents.
Rain is a natural resource for your yard.
Don't let dirty windows obscure your view of nature in full spring glory. Whether you do the job yourself or hire an experienced pro, few home investments are as immediately satisfying as clean, sparkling windows.
- Florida legislators want to steer Citizens policies to unregulated alternative
- Kerry warns of new sanctions if Russia doesn't 'change course'
- Cuban government halts some travelers to island
- NRA seeks universal gun law at national meeting
- US proposes pay-for-priority Internet standards
- Fla. House poised to ok changes to state pension
- FDA eases into regulating e-cigarettes
- Judge to allow hearing for British citizen convicted in 1986 Miami double murder
- St. Thomas Sparling dazzles
- Tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins could fall to Miami Dolphins in second round
- Mercedes-Benz Miami Corporate Run a party with 25,000 in attendance
- Miami Marlins Christian Yelich thriving in leading role
- Miami Dolphins center Mike Pouncey still in holding pattern
- Monarch pulls away to reach semifinals
- Southwest wins GMAC volleyball title
- St. Thomas boys meet Belen in quarterfinals
- March hotel occupancy dips in Miami-Dade
- Merged American Airlines swings to record profit
- Miami Lakes-based BankUnited’s first quarter profits rise
- Royal Caribbean Cruises reports lower-than-expected profits
- Florida House votes to regulate e-cigarette sales
- Coral Gables drug company to make new medicine available at no cost
- Florida’s Do Not Call list has grown since fee was eliminated
- Net Element closes on $11.2 million in financing
- Elizabeth Warren writes of family, politics and growing up poor in new memoir
- Center for Literature and Theatre promotes Spanish poetry contest
- Florida: Da Vinci exhibit held over through July 7
- My wife is in intensive care — what about her airline ticket?
- Quick trips: A bonanza of blooms at Central Florida gardens
- Canadian cruise provides a bit of northern exposure
- As Cubans move on, face of Little Havana changes
- How to choose an assisted living facility
- Cuba Gooding Jr to divorce, Al Gore’s daughter marries
- Spend the night with Joan Collins
- Celebrity birthdays on April 23
- Amazon snares classic shows in deal with HBO
- Indian film awards arrive in Tampa, Fla., but why?
- Myles Chefetz, Michael Schwartz dominate Miamis fine-dining scene
- PAMM’s ‘Caribbean: Crossroads of the World’ exhibit is tumultuous, thought-provoking
- Jack White records songs, releases vinyl in hours
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Community activist Marie Faulkner Brown, who helped black-owned businesses, dies at 89
- WLRN’s Caribbean music host Rich Davis, ‘the man inside your radio,’ dies at 41
- Advertising executive Marvin Tinsley dies at 89
- Educator, civic activist Shirley Merlin West dies at 84
- Austrian architect Hans Hollein dies at 80
- Camilla’s brother dies in US after head injury
- Camilla's brother dies in US after head injury
- Former AP reporter Robert Heard dies at age 84