Looming like a spaceship over pine and sweet-gum forest, the high-tech power plant under construction in rural Kemper County is a $5 billion wager on an energy future that includes coal.
A kayaker spends every Sunday scooping up bottles, cans, plastic bags and whatever else he finds from the lakes and canals in Miami Beach. He figures hes hauled more than a ton of garbage out of the water.
The first Zoila Meeks heard about pollution from a Vernon battery recycler was when workers showed up at her Boyle Heights home last month and asked to dig up her yard to test for lead.
The House of Representatives is closer to renaming a Yosemite National Park peak after Jessie Benton Fremont, putting the 19th century activist and political spouse into a 21st century tussle.
LOS ANGELES-In a big win for a little fish, a federal appeals court Thursday upheld delta smelt protections that have cut deliveries of Northern California water to Southern California and the San Joaquin Valley.
HeadlinesPublisher David Landsberg leaving Miami Herald Media Co. to lead Goodwill Industries of South Florida
- Crimea moves to integrate financially with Russia
- Citizens legal costs continue to climb
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan
- Winter's final encore? More snow for parts of US
- South Florida man to accept Medal of Honor upgrade for his uncles valor in Korea
- Study to test 'chocolate' pills for heart health
- Alleged 9/11 mastermind: accused al-Qaida spokesman had no military role
- Florida State Seminoles make NIT cut
- Hialeah Park bets on boxing to be winner
- Ray Allen leads Miami Heat in win over Houston Rockets
- Florida Gators thwart Kentucky rally, win SEC crown
- FIU baseball team gets swept by Rice thanks to costly errors
- Brad Hand could be in line for a spot in the Miami Marlins rotation
- Linda Robertson: NCAA bracket perfection is just a dream
- Greg Oden starts for Miami Heat against Houston Rockets
- Q&A: John Clarke and Martin Lynch of JohnMartin’s Irish Pub & Restaurant
- Fast-growing Florida Community Bank is strengthening its foothold in Miami-Dade and Broward
- Entrepreneurship datebook and startup news to note
- South Florida inventors face challenges bringing ideas to market
- Protect your brand: Know what you stand for, and stick to it!
- DonorCommunity expands, now serves more than 140 nonprofits
- Major discussion at the Wolfsonian-FIU to explore whether the Internet is a blessing or a curse
- Deadline nears to apply for SBA Emerging Leaders program
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: Don’t allow teachers to carry guns in school
- Southern Cross Stargazer for March 16-22, 2014
- Chasing waterfalls in western North Carolina
- Homeowner association can hold candidate forums
- Billed by American Airlines — and then billed again
- Jazz in the Gardens fans want more than just music; they also want seafood
- What’s wrong with my avocado tree?
- Experience Hawaii the easy way: By cruise ship
- GableStage‘s ‘The Mountaintop’ ascends to excellence
- Area Stage offers another take on Anne Frank’s familiar story
- Beer of the week: Black’s Dawn has a kick of coffee
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Two Miami-made films tell stories of the city’s unique music scene
- Multimedia spectacle featuring Robert Redford and environmental awareness lights up Miami’s YoungArts Foundation
- GableStage’s ‘The Mountaintop’ shows a different side of Martin Luther King Jr.
- David Mamet’s ‘The Anarchist’ gets its post-Broadway debut in Fort Lauderdale
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former Georgia congressman Bo Callaway dies
- Former director of U.S. Marshals Service Eduardo Gonzalez dies
- Comedian David Brenner, ‘Tonight' favorite, dies
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Burn center found Dr. A. Grossman dies at 81
- Man known as kissing sailor in WWII-era image dies
- Longtime Hollywood reporter Bob Thomas dead at 92
- Tony Benn, devoted British socialist, dies at 88