If your holiday weekend plans include air travel, there are some moves you can make to avoid getting caught in gridlock making your way through security and on to your destination:
▪ Security lines are longer than usual. Allow extra time — two hours for a domestic flight, and three for international, according to the Transportation Security Administration.
▪ At Miami International Airport, Concourse D#2 is now exclusively dedicated to passengers using TSA Pre✓; passengers flying from concourses H or J can use the TSA Pre✓ lane at Concourse H. Passengers using CLEAR will find dedicated lanes at concourses E and H.
▪ U.S. passport holders can avoid lines by downloading and using the free mobile passport app at mobilepassport.us.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport’s bilingual app includes flight status, gate information and airport maps. Download it for free at the Apple App Store or Google Play.
▪ Download your airline’s app onto your smart phone before you go, so you can respond quickly if your flight is delayed. (Several thunderstorms are forecast Friday in the Midwest.)
▪ The 3-1-1 rule still applies to liquids and gels. That means no more than 3.4 ounces per container, placed in a single, clear, one-quart plastic bag in carry-on.
▪ Children 12 and under aren’t required to remove their shoes.