In Florida, psychiatric technicians, floral designers and bakers all rank among the state’s 100 worst paid jobs, paying an average of $26,680, $26,000 and $25,720, according to a survey published by career website Zippia.
And all of those job categories are doing far better than graduate teaching assistants, whose average salary was $19,550 put them at No. 3, just above agricultural sorters ($19,160) and ushers / ticket takers ($14,400.) Even dishwashers earned more, earning the No. 8 slot with $20,080.
Other paltry paychecks: $21,210 for childcare workers (No. 16), $22,230 for hotel clerks (No. 26), $22,550 for orderlies (No. 29), $23,090 for security guards and $23,140 for taxi drivers.
Concierges hit No. 94, with an average salary of $26,450. Must not include tips.
Never miss a local story.
The rankings were gleaned from the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Florida data set, according to the site.
LOWEST PAID JOBS IN FLORIDA
Average salary, according to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, as reported by Zippia
1) Graders and sorters, agricultural products, $19,160
2) Ushers, lobby attendants and ticket takers, $19,400
3) Graduate teaching assistants, $19,550
4) combined food preparationg and serving workers, including fast food, $19,600
5) Counter attendants, cafeteria, food concession and coffee shop, $19,880