TotalBank has promoted two to the position of vice president and lender II:
▪ Jesus Arreaza was an assistant vice president, lender I and relationship manager with TotalBank. He has a master’s in finance from Florida International University.
▪ Joel Zukovski was most recently an assistant vice president, lender I and relationship manager. He has a bachelor’s in business administration from FIU.
Never miss a local story.
Nipun B. Merchant is joining the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center as chief surgical officer and director of Surgical Oncology Research Programs. Merchant comes to the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and UHealth – University of Miami Health System from Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where he has been the director of the Vanderbilt Pancreas Center, chief of GI Surgical Oncology and co-leader of the GI Oncology Program at Vanderbilt-Ingram Comprehensive Cancer Center. Merchant will also be the vice chair of Surgical Oncologic Services and Academic Affairs within the Department of Surgery and will be the chief of surgical oncology at University of Miami Hospital and chief surgical officer at UMHC/Sylvester.
Robert Gaymer-Jones has been named president and CEO of the newly formed Panorama Hospitality Management Company, based in Miami. Gaymer-Jones was CEO for Sofitel Luxury Hotels in Paris previously.
Philippe Parodi has been named vice president of marketing and sales at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables. Before, he was director of sales and marketing for Setai Miami Beach. He attended the University of Nice in France.
Nicole Whitaker has been named director of sales and marketing at Yve Hotel Miami in downtown Miami. Previously she was director of sales and Marketing at Manor Vail Lodge in Colorado.
Greenberg Traurig, P.A. has named the following as shareholders:
▪ Christopher L. Barnett has joined the Miami Real Estate practice group. He received a law degree in 2000 from Emory University School of Law.
▪ Patrick F. Martin joins the Miami Labor and Employment practice group. Martin received a law degree in 1993 from Florida State University.
▪ Michael J. Thomas has joined the Miami Real Estate practice group. He received a law degree from the University of Florida .
▪ Arturo Ross joins the Miami Labor and Employement practice group. Ross received a law degree from the University of Miami.
Kaari-Lynn S. Gagnon has been named a partner at Zarco Einhorn Salkowski & Brito, P.A., in Miami. Previously she was an associate. Her practaice focuses on complex commercial litigation and franchise law. Gagnon has a J.D. from UM.
Matthew B. Weaver has been named a share holder at Ver Ploeg & Lumpkin. He works out of the firm’s Miami office and focuses his practice on insurance coverage and bad faith litigation. Weaver received his J.D. from UM.
This column lists high-level promotions of director and above. Send items, including job title, job description, previous positions, educational background and jpgs, to movers@MiamiHerald.com. Movers is updated online at MiamiHerald.com/business
Name: Raul Mas Canosa
New position: Senior development executive for United HomeCare, a nonprofit home health and community care organization.
Responsibilities: He will lead the fundraising efforts for United HomeCare and for The Residences of United HomeCare, a state-of-the-art senior living community in West Kendall that is scheduled to open in early 2015.
Previously: He was with CF Bobcat & Synergy Rents for a year.
Experience: His 30-year career in wealth management has included stints at American Express, Gibraltar Private Bank & Trust and Goldman Sachs.
Also: Recipient of the U.S. Army Commander’s Award for Public Service. Recently selected by the Secretary of the Army, John McHugh, to serve as his volunteer civilian aide in South Florida.
Education: Master’s degree from Harvard Business School and a bachelor’s degree from Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service.
Best advice: From Goldman Sachs: The clients’ interests always come first. If you serve them well, your own success will follow.
CHOICES FOR SPOTLIGHT ARE MADE FROM PROMOTIONS SENT TO MOVERS @MIAMIHERALD.COM