Dmitry “Dima” Ivanov has been named chief marketing officer of Bacardi and president of Bacardi Global Brands. He most recently was vice president – global category director of rums at the company. Before that, he was managing director for Bacardi in Russia. He succeeds Andy J. Gibson, who will leave Bacardi at the end of March. Ivanov attended the Moscow State Institute of International Relations.
Cynthia Boyett has joined Hilton Worldwide as complex director of sales and marketing of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort and Conrad Fort Lauderdale, in Fort Lauderdale. She most recently was regional director of sales and marketing, Southeast, for Morgans Hotel Group. Boyett attended the University of California, Irvine, where she studied dance.
Never miss a local story.
Richard Cohen has been appointed president and general counsel of Corporate Creations International in Palm Beach Gardens. He was formerly the managing director of Duff & Phelps.
Duane Morris LLP has promoted two lawyers to partner:
▪ Gregory M. Lefkowitz, based in the firm’s Boca Raton office, practices in all areas of intellectual property law. He has a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering and a law degree from the University of Florida.
▪ Miles L. Plaskett focuses his practice on corporate and municipal finance. He has an undergraduate degree and a law degree from Georgetown.
Eisinger, Brown, Lewis, Frankel & Chaiet P.A. has promoted two to partner:
▪ Alessandra Stivelman’s practice areas include real estate law, condominium and community association law, commercial litigation and construction litigation. She has a J.D. from the University of Miami.
▪ Michele Crosa is a litigator and trial lawyer specializing in the representation of condominium and community associations. She received her J.D. from the University of Denver.
Roger Slade, a partner at Haber Slade P.A., has been named a shareholder in the firm, which recently changed its name from the Law Office of David B. Haber P.A. He is a graduate of Brooklyn Law School.
Kluger, Kaplan, Silverman, Katzen & Levine has promoted two to partner:
▪ Josh Rubens focuses his practice on commercial litigation and trust and estate litigation. He received a law degree from the University of Miami.
▪ Richard Segal focuses his practice on commercial litigation and family law. He has a law degree from the University of Miami.
Marilee A. Mark has been named partner at Genovese Joblove & Battista P.A. She concentrates her practice on bankruptcy and insolvency matters. Mark has a bachelor’s degree in business administration and a J.D. from the University of Florida.
Mauricio D. Rivero has been promoted to partner from associate at Avila Rodriguez Hernandez Mena & Ferri LLP. He focuses his practice in the areas of federal income taxation and estate planning. He has a Ph.D. in history and a J.D. from Florida International University.
This column lists high-level promotions of director and above. Send items, including job title, job description, previous positions, educational background and jpgs, to movers@MiamiHerald.com.
Name: Kathleen S. Phang
New job: She has been named a partner and member of the dispute resolution team at Berger Singerman, based in the firm’s Miami office.
Professional experience: Before joining Berger Singerman, Phang was a founding partner with Arrastia, Capote & Phang, LLP. Previously, she held positions at the Miami-Dade County and Broward County State Attorney’s office, where she rose to the level of homicide prosecutor and division chief.
Activities include: She is an adjunct professor at the University of Miami School of Law, is on the Dade County Bar Association’s board of directors, and is the treasurer of the Miami-Dade chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers. She is also on the executive committees of Dress for Success Miami and Friends of the New World Symphony.
Education: She has a bachelor’s degree from Yale and her J.D. from the University of Miami.
Best advice she ever received: Gandhi once said: “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Oh and “always play nice in the sandbox.” That one is courtesy of my mom and my dad.
CHOICES FOR SPOTLIGHT ARE MADE FROM
PROMOTIONS SENT TO MOVERS @MIAMIHERALD.COM