Irene DuPont has been appointed vice president, branch manager/business development officer at Landmark Bank’s branch in Davie. Most recently, she was senior business development banker for Regent Bank in Broward County. She is a graduate of SUNY/Empire State College.
Brett Craig has been named a principal in Hidden Harbor Capital Partners, a private equity firm specializing in control investments in lower middle market companies that recently moved from Boca Raton to Fort Lauderdale. Previously, he was vice president at H.I.G. Capital. Craig has a bachelor’s in economics from the University of Pennsylvania and an MBA from Columbia.
Never miss a local story.
At Greenspoon Marder, three new shareholders have been named. They will be based in the firm’s Fort Lauderdale office:
▪ Lee F. Lasris and Jodi B. Laurence will be co-chairs of the firm’s Health Care Law Practice Group. They were previously at the Florida Health Law Center (which was acquired by Greenspoon Marder). Lasris has a bachelor’s from Florida State University; Laurence, from the University of Florida. Both have a J.D. from the University of Miami.
▪ Karen Schapira will also join the Health Care Law Practice Group. She has a J.D. from Nova Southeastern University and an LL.M. in taxation from UM.
Carla De Maria has been hired as director of marketing and business development at The Falls in Kendall. She previously was director of marketing and business development at The Avenues in Jacksonville. De Maria is a UF graduate.
At Afligo, based in Deerfield Beach:
▪ Tony Jones has been named chief operating officer. He most recently was executive vice president of operations and services for Systemax’s North American Technology Group. Jones has a bachelor’s from UM.
▪ Steven Leeds is senior vice president of marketing. He most recently was marketing director for TigerDirect, CompUSA and Circuit City.
▪ Michael Marston is director, digital and affiliate marketing for the company. He recently was affiliate marketing manager at TigerDirect. He has a bachelor’s in economics from UM.
John DeLozier recently joined CenturyLink’s Strategic Partnerships and Channel Operations Leadership Team as vice president, Channel Alliance. He previously was at Unify. DeLozier will work for the Monroe, Louisiana-based company from Cooper City. He is a graduate of Palm Beach Atlantic University.
Matthew Rodano has been named vice president of strategic alliances at ProTranslating, a Miami-based translation and interpretation company providing language services worldwide. Previously, he was vice president of client relations for LanguageWorks, a Ubiqus Company. Rodano has a bachelor’s from Dickinson College in Pennsylvania in international studies and Italian studies.
John Zalkin has been named vice president of client services at RIVERGATE KW RESIDENTIAL, a multifamily property management company. Previously, he was managing director at Kent Services, a security guard and tech firm.
This column lists high-level promotions of director and above of executives based in South Florida. These announcements are for full-time, paid positions; we do not publish news about board memberships. Send items, including previous job; educational background; and jpegs of head shots, to email@example.com.
Name: Marko Cerenko
New position: Partner at Kluger, Kaplan, Silverman, Katzen & Levine. He focuses his practice primarily on complex commercial litigation and real estate litigation, and he also works on the firm’s construction litigation as well as trusts, estates and probate cases.
Experience: In his five years at the firm, Cerenko has worked on many high-profile cases, including Daxan 26 (FL), LLC v. Walgreen Co., et al., the Fontainebleau litigation, the Rothstein-related litigation, U.S. Medical Care Inc. v. Woliner, et al.
Also: Cerenko is involved with the “Put Something Back” Miami Pro Bono Legal Services and Habitat for Humanity, and he is co-chair for the Mount Sinai Young President’s Organization. In 2015, Cerenko was named one of 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. He’s fluent in Croatian, Bosnian and Serbian and conversational in German. At Duke University, he was captain of the tennis team; he has also played professionally on the ATP tour.
Education: Bachelor of arts from Duke; law degree (J.D.), University of Miami.
Best advice ever received: To be successful not only do you have to work hard, prepare and learn from your mistakes, but, most importantly, you have to love what you do.
Choices for Spotlight are made from promotions sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.