BankUnited has appointed these three to its corporate banking division:
▪ Tom te Riele has been named senior vice president and corporate banking team leader for Broward and Palm Beach counties, based in Fort Lauderdale. He most recently was market president for TD Bank’s South Florida commercial banking division. He is a University of Florida graduate.
▪ Milciades Herrera has been named vice president for corporate banking, responsible for managing and growing BankUnited’s corporate banking portfolio, based in Miami Lakes. Previously, he was vice president in the middle market division of Sabadell United Bank in Miami. Herrera has a bachelor’s in international business and finance from Florida International University.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Alfredo Rossano has been named vice president and corporate lender, based in Miami Lakes. He previously was at SunTrust Bank in Miami, where he served for nine years, most recently as first vice president and commercial relationship manager. Rossano has a bachelor’s in business administration and international relations from FIU and an MBA from Nova Southeastern University.
At TD Bank:
▪ Andrew ‘Andy’ Garcia has joined the bank as assistant vice president, store manager of the Miami International Mall location in Doral. Previously, he was a commercial lender for Banco Sabadell in Miami.
▪ Margarita Lamadrid joins the bank as assistant vice president, store manager at 20495 Biscayne Blvd., in Aventura. Previously, she was a branch manager at U.S. Century Bank locations in Aventura, Miami and Miami Beach.
Carlos Navarro has joined Terrabank N.A. as vice president credit card manager. Previously, he was product manager at Banco de Bogotá, in Colombia, where he was responsible for the consumer credit card portfolio. Navarro has a bachelor’s from the Universidad de Los Andes in Bogotá and an MBA from the University of Miami.
Peter Olrich has been named director of college counseling and guidance for Gulliver Preparatory School (Gulliver Prep) (grades 9-12) in Pinecrest, beginning July 1. He is currently dean of college counseling at Brooks School in North Andover, Massachusetts. Olrich has a bachelor’s in English and American literature from Harvard and an MBA from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
Edward Berkheimer was recently hired as vice president of property management at Berger Commercial Realty, a full-service commercial real estate firm based in South Florida. He previously was vice president of property management at KTR Capital Partners / KTR Management Services.
Fowler White Burnett has promoted the following four attorneys to shareholders:
▪ Jesse D. Drawas, a trial attorney, is a shareholder in the firm’s Insurance Practice Group, based in Fort Lauderdale. Drawas has a bachelor’s from Cornell’s industrial and labor-relations school and a J.D. from UM.
▪ Stephanie M. Chaissan is a shareholder in the firm’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group, based in Miami. Chaissan has a bachelor’s from the University of Delaware and a J.D. from UM.
▪ Howard E. Fox is a shareholder in the firm’s Environmental and Land Use Practice Group, based in Miami. He has been a senior attorney in the civil enforcement section of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. Fox has a bachelor’s from the University of Delaware and a J.D. from Florida State.
▪ Viviana Arango Loshak is shareholder in the firm’s Insurance Practice Group, based in Fort Lauderdale. She also handles general commercial litigation matters. Loshak has a bachelor’s of business administration from Florida International University and a J.D. from St. Thomas University.
Francesca Russo has been named a partner with the intellectual property law firm of Espinosa Trueba Martinez, P.L. in Miami. She previously was of counsel with the firm. She has a J.D. from NSU.
Jami Beasley Watkins has been named a partner at Kopelowitz Ostrow Ferguson Weiselberg Gilbert (KO), based in Fort Lauderdale. Previously she was an associate at Kahane and Associates, P.A. Watkins has a bachelor’s from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and a J.D. from NSU.
This column lists high-level promotions of director and above of executives based in South Florida. These announcements are for full-time, paid positions; we do not publish news about board memberships. Send items, including previous job; educational background; and jpegs of head shots, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name: David Sprechman
Position: Chief financial officer at VISTA Worldlink, a global media-solutions provider. He will be based in Dania Beach.
About VISTA Worldlink: VISTA Worldlink is a full-service provider of transmission and production services provisioning satellite capacity, mobile and fixed uplinks, fiber optics and cutting-edge streaming, archiving, creative and emerging-technology solutions. It serves the sports, entertainment, news, corporate, religious, government and PR industries worldwide.
Previously: Sprechman was chief accounting officer at Norwegian Cruise Line, directing the accounting, SEC filings and numerous transactions. He was responsible for Norwegian’s financial reporting, internal control systems, and shoreside and shipboard accounting. Before that, he was chief executive officer of GlobeCast America. He has also worked with other media companies including Hero Productions and Telemundo Productions. He was with VISTA Worldlink for a year in 2008.
Education: Sprechman has a bachelor’s in business economics, and a master’s in accounting, from SUNY-Binghamton.
Best advice he ever received: Two pieces of advice that have stayed with me through the years and have been a guiding principle: My dad would always say to me that you can see the true character of a man by how he treats people who can do nothing for him. And, one of my first colleagues would always tell me that you can take your job very seriously without taking yourself too seriously.
Choices for Spotlight are made from promotions sent to movers@MiamiHerald.com.