Scott Gerard has been named vice president of environmental, health and safety at Moss & Associates, which is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale. He previously was the safety director at the company. Gerard will oversee all environmental, health, safety and security procedures for projects in the United States, the Caribbean and the Bahamas for the company.
Plaza Construction has promoted the following to vice president in its Southeast regional office:
▪ Jorge Moros also continues as an operations manager.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Joe Cerri also continues as general superintendent.
▪ Robert Thompson also continues as an operations manager.
▪ Maria Molina has been named director of human resources.
Holland & Knight has announced the addition of 10 corporate lawyers from Greenberg Traurig’s Miami office. The following, who were shareholders at Greenberg Traurig, are now Holland & Knight partners:
▪ David Barkus, who focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and insurance transactions and regulatory. BBA, University of Miami; J.D., University of Florida.
▪ Marc Druckman, mergers and acquisitions and private equity. Bachelor’s, UF; J.D. George Washington University; LL.M., New York University.
▪ Ira Rosner, corporate services, public companies and securities, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, real estate investment trusts. Bachelor’s in political science, SUNY Binghamton; J.D., NYU.
▪ Aaron Slavens, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate services. Bachelor’s in finance, UF; J.D., University of Pennsylvania.
▪ Jordan Taylor, mergers and acquisitions, private equity. Bachelor’s in accounting, master’s in accounting and J.D., all from UF.
Henry Roque, Jordan Schneider, Kyle Hershey, Danica Malloy and George Pita, who were associates at Greenberg Traurig, also joined Holland & Knight.
Sasha Ezquerra has been named Broward County regional director of sales for the development division of ONE Sotheby’s International Realty. Previously she was business development and sales and marketing director for the Realty Marketing International team of Douglas Elliman. Ezquerra is also founder and president of her own marketing and PR firm, SER Media Group.
This column lists high-level promotions of director and above of executives based in South Florida. It does not include appointments to boards or positions that are not full-time or unpaid. Send info — including job immediately previous to the new one; educational background; and jpegs of head shots — to email@example.com.
Name: Stacey Glassman Mizener.
New position: Vice president of development for Faena Art, a nonprofit that, in its words, “houses and produces multidisciplinary and time-based experiences.” Glassman Mizener will establish and oversee the development strategy and lead all major fundraising campaigns for the organization, which operates Faena Forum in Miami Beach and Faena Art Center Buenos Aires.
From: Metro 1, a real estate organization.
Also: Glassman Mizener was associate vice president of development for New World Symphony in Miami Beach for 10 years. She was also the founder of Friends of New World Symphony. Before that, she was events manager for the Miami City Ballet.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, University of Florida.
Best advice she ever received: Victoria Rogers, formerly her mentor and boss at New World Symphony, passed this advice on to her: “Success is that old ABC — ability, breaks and courage.”
Choices for Spotlight are made from promotions sent to movers@MiamiHerald.com.