Russell Landy, an attorney at Damian & Valori LLP, has been promoted to partner in the firm. He focuses his practice in the areas of complex commercial litigation, business torts, contract litigation, employment litigation and counseling, class actions, real property litigation and appeals. He has a BBA and a law degree from the University of Miami.
International law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A., has elevated five attorneys at its Miami office to shareholder:
▪ Steve Bassin is a member of the real estate practice group. He received a law degree from the University of Miami.
▪ Michael Einig is in the tax practice group. He received a law degree from Western New England College School of Law.
▪ Lacey Hofmeyer is a member of the litigation practice group. ,She received a law degree from the University of Florida.
▪ Joshua Samek is in the Corporate & Securities Practice Group. His law degree is from the University of Miami.
▪ Jordan Taylor is a member of the corporate and securities practice group. He received a law degree from the University of Florida.
The partners of K&L Gates LLP have elected the following lawyers to the firm’s partnership in Miami:
▪ Elisa D’Amico assists clients with complex litigation issues and is co-founder of the firm’s Cyber Civil Rights Legal Project. She has a bachelor’s from Cornell and a law degree from Fordham.
▪ Karen Finesilver represents clients on contract disputes, noncompetition and trade secret misappropriation cases, joint venture and class action disputes, and employment discrimination cases. She has a bachelor’s from Brandeis and a law degree from the University of Miami.
▪ John Owens III is in the emerging growth and venture capital practice. He has a bachelor’s from Princeton, and an MBA and a law degree from the College of William and Mary.
Shutts & Bowen LLP has elevated three attorneys in the firm’s Miami office:
▪ Patrick George Brugger, who was an associate, is a partner in the business litigation practice group. He has a bachelor’s from St. Thomas University and a law degree from Nova Southeastern University.
▪ Michelle Hendler, formerly an associate, is in the creditors’ rights and bankruptcy practice group. She has a bachelor’s from the University of Michigan and a law degree from the University of Miami.
▪ Benjamin Wilson has been named a partner in the real estate practice group. He has a bachelor’s degree from Murray State University, and law degrees from the University of Louisville and the University of Miami.
This column lists high-level promotions at the director level and above. Send items, including job title, job description, previous positions, educational background and jpgs, to movers@MiamiHerald.com.
Name: Elinette Ruiz.
New position: She is a partner in the Miami office of Arnstein & Lehr LLP, in the firm’s municipal and governmental, property tax appeals, and land use practice groups. She represents builders, developers, land owners and private companies.
Previous position: She was an associate at the firm.
Experience: Before joining Arnstein & Lehr, Ruiz was an associate at Becker & Poliakoff and at Tew Cardenas. Her experience also includes stints as counsel to the Mami-Dade County mayor and in the mayor’s office of Public and Intergovernmental Relations; as a staff assistant for U.S. Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart; and as an intern at the U.S. State Department in the public affairs department. Before law school, she was a sales associate for three years in the financial industry.
Education: She has a law degree from St. Thomas University.
Best advice: The best advice I have ever received was actually a quote from Nietzsche: "Form an image of yourself and make the future conform to it."
CHOICES FOR SPOTLIGHT ARE MADE FROM PROMOTIONS SENT TO MOVERS @MIAMIHERALD.COM