Kal Gajraj has joined Florida Grand Opera as director of marketing and public relations. He most recently was director of marketing with Charter Schools USA. Gajraj has an MBA in marketing and a master’s in public administration in nonprofit administration from the Keller Graduate School of Management in Miami.
Never miss a local story.
▪ John Frearson has been named vice president/chief financial officer, overseeing finance, accounting, investment and deposit operations areas. He previously worked for We Florida Credit Union and Tropical Financial Credit Union, where he was VP of finance. Frearson has a BBA from the University of Miami.
▪ Ivan Severiche has been named manager of business services. He previously was a home lending officer at Citibank.
Jeffrey Morrow has been named operations manager to oversee the special projects division in the southeast regional office of Plaza Construction in Miami. Previously, he was operations manager at Manhattan Construction in Naples. Morrow has a bachelor’s in construction management from Missouri State University.
Dr. Mark Macgowan has been appointed associate dean of academic affairs for Florida International University’s Robert Stempel College of Public Health & Social Work. Macgowan was previously interim associate dean of academics affair at the college. His academic background includes a Ph.D. from Barry University.
Jamie K. Lint has been promoted to partner in the Miami office of Kelley Kronenberg. She focuses her practice on property and casualty claims, including first-party insurance defense. She has a bachelor’s in business administration from the University of South Florida and a J.D. from Nova Southeastern University.
Greg Matus, regional managing partner — South Florida at Franklin Street, has been promoted to senior vice president of investment sales. Matus has a BBA from the University of Florida.
At The Miami FC, a professional soccer team:
▪ Anthony Tome has been named vice president of corporate partnerships. He previously was director of corporate partnerships with the Miami Marlins. He has a degree in public relations from UF.
▪ Matt Britten has been named vice president of marketing. He is former director of marketing for the Miami Marlins. He has a bachelor’s in communications, mass media studies from Florida State University.
▪ Lenny Santiago has been named vice president of public relations and communications. He was vice president of communications for Orlando City Soccer Club. He has a bachelor’s in communications from Rutgers University and an MBA from the University of Central Florida.
This column lists high-level promotions of senior executives at the director level and above who are based in South Florida. These announcements are for full-time, paid positions. Send items, including previous job; educational background; and jpegs of head shots, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name: Eugene S. Font
New position: Senior vice president in the corporate lending division at TotalBank.
From: Senior director, troubled asset optimization, at NAI Miami.
Also: Font is a licensed real estate broker in Florida. He is a member of the Latin Builders Association, the Urban Land Institute and NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association, and is an affiliate Certified Commercial Investment member.
Education: Bachelor’s in business administration from the University of Miami.
Best advice: The best advice I received early in my career was to pursue all my goals and dreams with passion and perseverance.
Choices for Spotlight are made from promotions sent to email@example.com