TotalBank has announced appointments and promotions to its executive committee, chaired by President, CEO and Chairman Jorge Rossell. The new members to the executive management team include:
▪ Maritza Jaime, who oversees credit administration and credit underwriting, has been promoted to executive vice president and chief credit officer of the bank.Jaime has been with TotalBank since 2001. She is a graduate of the Florida School of Banking. Jaime also has a degree in business administration and a legal assistant degree from Miami Dade College.
▪ Executive Vice President Jay Pelham has been named director of the banking center division. Pelham has held executive positions at Sun Trust and Gibraltar Bank. He will be responsible for the banking centers, residential lending and will continue to oversee the private client group, which also encompasses the bank’s wealth management unit.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Executive Vice President Nelson Hidalgo has been named director of the business banking group and will be responsible for loan and depository production for the lenders in the banking center division.
▪ Luis Miguel Gonzalez, director of the international personal banking division, has been promoted to executive vice president. He began his career with Grupo Banco Popular Español in 2004.
▪ Executive Vice President Ramon Rodriguez, previously the banking lending division director, will now head the corporate lending division. Rodriguez began at TotalBank in 2001.
The new members of the executive committee will join Rossell; Lyan Fernandez, executive vice president, COO and CRO; and Jose Marina, executive vice president and chief financial officer.
Sherelle Washington has been named executive director of ambulatory care centers at Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale. Previously, she was administrator of two free-standing emergency departments for the HCA East Florida division. Washington also was a former regional director of outpatient services at Baptist Health South Florida. She received her bachelor’s in health services administration from Ohio University and an MBA from East Carolina University.
This column lists high-level promotions of director and above. Send items, including job title, previous positions, educational background and jpgs, to email@example.com.
Name: Ariel Castillo.
New position: Vice president and branch sales leader for BankUnited’s new Wynwood branch. In his new role, he will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the branch, including new business development and business lending.
Previously: He joined BankUnited in August 2014 as a relationship banker and branch sales representative.
Best business advice he ever received: Find the different financial options your clients need to make their businesses grow and your success will follow.
CHOICES FOR SPOTLIGHT ARE MADE FROM PROMOTIONS SENT TO MOVERS @MIAMIHERALD.COM