The intergalactic misfits of "Guardians of the Galaxy" are the summer's box-office superheroes.
Michael Bandy remembers an important day over 50 years ago that he credits to shaping the man he is today.
Batchelor Middle School students will travel to the Big Apple next week to be awarded first place in the Peace in the Streets Global Film Festival.
"Jackie and Ryan" takes viewers into an America of tough times, train-hopping and old-time fiddle music.
Hoping for maximum publicity, Chinese director Jiang Wen launched his latest movie at an event Monday — more than three months before it is due to open in cinemas.
As George Clooney and Sandra Bullock prepare this fall to shoot the political comedy "Our Brand Is Crisis," in New Orleans, producers are looking for locals interested in appearing as extras in the film.
A new documentary that explores the lives of five brothers whose glass-making empire helped turn Muncie into an industrial powerhouse will premiere this month in the central Indiana city.
Perhaps as a sign this summer couldn't be over soon enough for Hollywood, the top three positions at the box office for the weekend were exactly the same as last week: "Guardians of the Galaxy" continued its surprising run with an estimated three-day draw of $16.3 million, and with a cumulative total of $274.6 million in the U.S. and Canada through Sunday, the film became the top box-office draw not only of the summer but of the year so far, passing "Captain America: The Winter Solider."
Viewers of a new reality show will soon find out what happens when two fledgling directors are given $850,000 to direct their own movies from the same script.
The Venice Film Festival is bringing 11 days of red carpet premieres, innovative movies and Hollywood glamour to the Italian city. Here's what has been catching the eye of The Associated Press:
- Casey Anthony judge retires, joins private firm
- Four men pistol whip and pepper spray man in Southwest Miami-Dade, demand drugs and money
- Yemeni president dismisses Cabinet to ease tension
- NATO may create quick-strike force over Ukraine crisis
- Infamous speed trap town investigated over tickets
- Tropical Storm Dolly heads for Mexico's coast
- Clashes between Islamists, rivals in Libya kill 31
- Police searching for home-invasion gunmen
- Florida States Jesus 'Bobo' Wilson back in lineup
- Award for FIU cornerback Richard Leonard
- Miami Hurricanes relive a nightmare in season opener against Louisville Cardinals
- Miami Dolphins’ Bill Lazor keeps offense strategy a secret
- Andre C. Fernandez: American Heritage looks for bounce-back win
- Game date for Florida-Idaho up in air
- Seven true freshmen see action for Miami Hurricanes in season opener
- Andre C. Fernandez: Booker T. Washington has edge against Central
- Brookings study: Miami attracts big share of foreign students, but not in STEM fields
- Entrepreneurship events a show of force of angels, startups
- WorldCity: Red ink abounds among South Florida exports
- A new operator readies Rio de Janeiros airport for 2016 Olympics
- CEOs split on the question of gambling
- For love and money: Some South Florida professionals find two jobs better than one
- Miami Herald Small Business Makeover: YaYa Wines toasts its new strategy
- Miami-Dade home and condo median prices hit six-year high
- Marvelous malbec deserves to be discovered
- Carolyn Hax: My sister the control freak is coming for a visit
- Roxane Gay offers a biting perspective on pop culture in ‘Bad Feminist’
- Fundraiser supports Read to a Child
- Steve Almond considers football, our unkickable addiction
- Desert Inn to get a Wild West revival?
- The events of 9/11 and its aftermath shape the lives of a Washington couple in ‘Before, During, After’
- Dear Abby: After a loved one's passing, grief can outlast the support
- Thomas Wyroba, 64, beloved teacher at Miami’s New World of the Arts
- Miami singer-songwriter Cris Cab, just 21, breaking out with major debut
- Glimpse into tony world of antiques
- A South Florida acting couple lands the perfect roles: husband and wife
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Aug. 31
- A strong debut despite its shortcomings
- Coral Reef grad Ricky Ubeda vaults to the top of TVs So You Think You Can Dance
- Hometown restaurant groups Las Vegas Cuban, TooJays Deli are South Florida mainstays
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- President of Staten Island Museum dies
- Retired Associated Press newsman dies in NY at 76
- Ex-Romanian foreign minister under communism dies
- Spanish fashion designer Pertegaz dies at 96
- Former Jethro Tull bass player Glenn Cornick dies
- Kurt Meyer, LA architect who was committed to civic service, dies at 92
- Ex-US sailor who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- Real estate executive and Jewish leader Kenneth Schwartz dies at 88