Relativity Media, a film financier and movie distributor, was rebuffed in a last-minute bid for Maker Studios, the YouTube video creator that agreed to be bought by The Walt Disney Co. last month.
In a springtime battle of sequels, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" stayed strong enough to narrowly triumph over the debut of "Rio 2."
Residents in North Dakota's largest city are ready to celebrate the premier of "Fargo" the TV show, along with an actor from the area who plays a part in the series.
Annie Baker's "The Flick" has won the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for drama, a play set in a rundown movie theater that was hailed by the judges as a "thoughtful drama with well-crafted characters" with "lives rarely seen on the stage."
LOS ANGELES - Randall Wallace didn't expect a rock-star reception when he went on the road to promote his faith-based drama "Heaven is for Real" ahead of its Easter-weekend release.
A movie set to be released later this week focuses on the 2002 murder of a northern Idaho man and the drug smuggling rivalry that led to the crime.
Shortly before he began shooting his new artificial-intelligence thriller "Transcendence" last year, filmmaker Wally Pfister flew Jose Carmena and Michel Maharbiz, a pair of UC Berkeley scientists, to his office in Los Angeles. Professional consultants are common on Hollywood movies, but they're not usually this advanced - Carmena studies neuroscience and Maharbiz is a nanotechnology specialist - and even fewer go really deep into the weeds with directors.
After failed attempts and broken dreams, by golly, someone went and put "Fargo" on series TV.
LOS ANGELES - The MTV Movie Awards handed top prizes to "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" on Sunday night, naming the dystopian thriller best movie and handing honors for best male and female performances to Josh Hutcherson and Jennifer Lawrence.
Wong Kar Wai's much lauded kung fu epic "The Grandmaster" won a record dozen honors at the Hong Kong Film Awards.
- Downtown Doral Charter Elementary School shows new vision for local schools
- Police still searching for killer of woman, 62
- Coast Guard works to clean fuel spill in Miamis Government Cut
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Boat with five migrants intercepted; unresponsive woman taken to hospital
- Miami Beach to host town hall meeting to discuss Beckham’s soccer proposal
- Florida legislators push for millions in spending
- Smaller buses to serve a portion of Venetian Causeway
- Giancarlo Stanton, Marcell Ozuna pace Miami Marlins rout of Washington Nationals
- Technology embraced by Miami Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey
- University of Miami pole vaulter Alysha Newman overcomes fear to succeed
- FIFA World Cup Trophy makes the rounds as Brazil promises an efficiently run 2014 tournament
- Cypress Bay girls tennis team delayed; Coral Gables wins boys title
- Miami Heat experiences changes but same goal remains
- Coral Gables edges past Cypress Bay for first boys state tennis title in 42 years
- Alejandro Blancos shortened no-hitter sparks American over Miami Springs
- Miami Beach road construction continues to pinch businesses
- eMerge Americas Techweek to bring in array of experts, events
- Coral Gables may swap two old parking garages for a new one
- Centene Management signs lease for office space at Sawgrass Plaza in Sunrise
- Verizon installs advanced wireless systems at arenas
- For workers, low wages still create stress
- Q&A with AutoNation’s Mike Jackson: Sharing his views on the state of the auto industry
- With Criptext, this conversation never happened ...
- A Fork on the Road: Choices Cafe gives vegans plenty of flavor
- Edgy Veggie: Eggless ‘Egg Salad’
- Fit tip: Get enough water
- Watch for sleep drug risks
- If stress has you on edge, these foods will settle you
- How to correct five common beauty mistakes
- Fast, cheap test can save the lives of many babies
- Don’t manage anger — banish it!
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of April 13
- Tiny victims of a conspiracy of silence
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show
- Streisand, Chenoweth director Richard Jay-Alexander to receive LGBT Unity Coalition award in Miami Beach
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Miami-based National Water Dance Project aims to raise awareness of threats to a crucial resource
- Dance review: Miami-based Brazzdance’s premiere of ‘DaDa’ ambitious and mostly rewarding
- Iconic Hollywood actor Mickey Rooney dies at 93
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- South Florida civil rights and fair housing leader Janet Launcelott dies
- Tony Award-winning actress Phyllis Frelich dies
- Young basketball fan's memorial set for next week
- Songwriter Jesse Winchester dies at age 69
- Songwriter Jesse Winchester dies at age 69
- Former Hawks All-Star Lou Hudson dies at 69
- British academic Richard Hoggart dies at 95
- Israeli peace activist Ron Pundak dies at 59