The FBI says federal prosecutors won’t charge a California woman who was removed from a plane in New Orleans after officials say she made a bomb threat during a SkyWest flight.
The 31-year-old from Anaheim is hospitalized under a protective custody order, said Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office Col. John Fortunato. The woman made statements other passengers found threatening, Fortunato said.
Federal investigators questioned the woman and decided against filing charges, FBI spokeswoman Mary Beth Romig says. Romig said earlier that the FBI did not consider the threats credible.
Seventy passengers were on Wednesday’s Flight 6388 from Houston to Miami, said Marissa Snow, a SkyWest spokeswoman.
Never miss a local story.
It was diverted to the New Orleans airport shortly after 9:15 a.m., leaving New Orleans for Miami about 11:15 a.m.