The actions of quick thinking police officers saved the life of a choking puppy in Massachusetts. A nine-week-old puppy was rushed to the North Reading’s police station on March 4, where officers and fire fighters performed CPR on the puppy for ten-minutes. Luckily, the food the puppy was choking on was dislodged.
North Reading Police Department
Police in Massachusetts save choking puppy’s life
Cat rescued from river after being thrown off an overpass
What is dog flu and how do you keep your pet safe?
More than 60 animals rescued from Puerto Rico, flown to Maryland
Woman battling cancer is 'showered' with puppies
Deputies rescue bloodhound trapped under car on California highway
Coast Guard airlifts dogs stranded on golf course by California mudslides
Wolves beat dogs in teamwork test
How did wolves become dogs?
In rat vs. snake, an unlikely victor
St. Bernard breaks world record for longest dog tongue
COMMERCIAL: Edward James Olmos says fireworks displays are no 'blast' for animals
The tortoise and its burrow are protected by state law. If one lives in your yard, keep dogs and children away from the burrow. While driving, keep an eye out for these slow-moving creatures on roads. Please give them time to cross.
A stray kitten is recovering after an Omaha, Nebraska veterinarian removed a brain parasite from its nose. Nebraska Humane Society (NHS) released footage on Facebook showing the enormous Cuterebra larva being removed. The Cuterebra fly is a large, non-biting, fat fly that lays its eggs near rodent or rabbit burrows on grass, rocks and vegetation. According to NHS, the Cuterebra do not "seek out animals," but its eggs will attach and hatch in an animal in response to the body heat of a passing host.