Barley Boy was one of the lucky few older dogs at the local animal control facility. He was adopted. It was estimated that he was about 9 years old, and the guess was he was a mixed breed terrier. His new family has been caring for him for almost four months and he fits in very well in his new digs.
Q: We enjoy feeding the wild birds in our yard, and we have all sorts that frequent our feeders, but we now have a flock of pigeons that come twice a day. At first, there were only two, but it seems each day there are twice as many as the day before. They do not sit on the bird feeders but are on the ground under the feeders eating the food that the ground-feeding birds like song sparrows could be feeding on. In between feeding, they are on our roof making a mess. Is there any particular food that we could feed the other birds that the pigeons would not like?
Perhaps Moses and Harry realize how fortunate they are. But if they do, they're not talking.
KANSAS CITY - Davide Rossi was working as an investment banker in New York City when the idea occurred to him: What if there were a fitness tracker for dogs?
Q: My golden retriever seems to think she is a rabbit as she craves all sorts of fruits and vegetables She never turns down a piece of chicken or bacon, but if she sees us eating melon or even an apple, she goes out of her mind until we give her some.
DALLAS - Brian Boone is practicing his silly voice. The 39-year-old soldier, who lost his lower left leg while serving in Afghanistan, looks down at Brindle, a 2-year-old Labrador-golden retriever mix - and highly trained service dog.
Many dog owners have had their vacations marred because they were so worried about how little Scruffy was faring in the boarding kennel back home.
Chefs & Pets
Miami chefs cook recipes for their furry companions from Judith Jones’ forthcoming book.
Dogs may soon be allowed on the sand in a designated area of North Beach.
- Toxic soil forces closure of athletic fields at Colonial Drive Park
- Iraq war veteran sues Gov. Rick Scott, state of Florida over loss of job
- Miami-Dade budget faces final vote
- Miami Beach shows off new anti-flooding pumps
- President Barack Obama rules out ground troops vs. Islamic State group: ‘We’re not going to do this alone’
- Contractor gets 7 years in military secrets case
- Dog missing from Pennsylvania found in Oregon
- Sheriff: Burned armpit hair led to Idaho car crash
- FIU Panthers freshman duo find rhythm on offense
- Miami Heat adds Keith Smart, Chris Quinn as assistant coaches
- Miami Hurricanes show no fear of going to Nebraska
- John Murillo fights through trying times on football field for Goleman High
- Miami Marlins defeat Mets, end long road trip 5-5
- Florida Panthers’ owners vow to not move team
- FIU Panthers cornerback Jeremiah McKinnon practices
- Miami Marlins’ Giancarlo Stanton out for rest of 2014 season
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport’s new $719 million, 8,000-foot runway is ready for take off
- Fort Lauderdale home health firm settles federal whistleblower case.
- Citrix purchases South Florida startup
- Books & Books coming to Arsht Center campus in downtown Miami
- Fed signals firm end to bond buying
- Atlantic Broadband offers 1 Gigabit service
- Brickell Motors buys Ocean Cadillac
- In the social media age, private actions are company business
- How to find a doctor who makes house calls
- Celebrating Halloween at the theme parks
- Jewish Museum of Florida’s recipe contest celebrates foods of the High Holy Days
- Get to know freekeh, a ‘new’ ancient grain
- Color is the new black: Spring/summer fashion trend report
- Make a Carrabba’s fan-favorite chicken dish at home
- Florida: 4th annual Monarch Festival set for Sept. 27-28 in Earleton
- Fit Tip: Should I use ice or heat?
- Miami’s Cannonball launches effort to improve discourse over art and artists
- At Fort Lauderdale‘s Empire Stage, shorts from Pigs Do Fly fail to take off
- Celebrity birthdays on Sept 12
- Cuba’s Danzabierta performs a glittery psychological portrait with “Showroom” in Miami
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Ode to puzzles on target
- Gameday Grub: Guide to new food and returning fan favorites at Sun Life Stadium
- Start your diets, save your dimes: South Beach Wine and Food Festival unveils 2015 lineup
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Bob Crewe, 'Walk Like a Man' writer, dead at 83
- Israeli ex-Mossad chief Yitzhak Hofi dead at 87
- Pulitzer-winning cartoonist Tony Auth dies at 72
- Spanish department store head Alvarez dies at 79
- Japan's World War II film idol Rikoran dies at 94
- Jazz-funk pioneer Joe Sample dies at 75
- WS star Frank Torre, Joe's brother, dies at 82
- Miami artist, clothes designer Joyce Lux dies at 94