As divas go, Miss Piggy's got nothing on this porcine princess. A natural ham, the piglet poses for pictures as she munches on pears in her positively pink bedroom.
Q: My 5-year-old Westie has redness on her paws and she is always chewing on them. Her skin is so flaky and her fur actually feels greasy sometimes, and she is always itching.
You wouldn't know it by the petite tank in tow, but the Merchlinsky family emerged from George's Beach Shop on the boardwalk in this Shore town on a recent sunny day with three new pets - from Haiti.
Alan writes in about his 3-year old Labrador retriever named Scout who has been having trouble jumping up into his seat in Alan's truck and, at times, trouble getting up after lying down for a while. Alan has heard about big dogs having problems with their hips and wants to know if Scout might have such a problem.
Dogs may soon be allowed on the sand in a designated area of North Beach.
The proposed dog beach would be between 80th and 81st streets in North Beach.
Current rules say a police officer must witness violations, although the police chief said a videotape also would work.
The county is considering at least one other provider to operate the South Dade clinic in Cutler Bay.
Q: Our veterinarian told us our cat has cavities on three of her teeth, and that they must be pulled. This makes no sense: Clarabelle eats only cat food, not sweets, and does not seem to be in any pain. Please advise.
- Suspended Miami Lakes Mayor Michael Pizzi sues governor to get his job back
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Barcelona soccer academy coming to Fort Lauderdale
- Duo’s car theft at Biscayne Boulevard Kmart is thwarted after gunman shows up, Miami-Dade police say
- Fade to black: Leonard Maltin ending movie guides
- St. Louis police release video of shooting
- Israel kills 3 Hamas military commanders in Gaza
- 122 South Florida companies make Inc. 5000 list
- Greg Cote: It’s time to welcome Pete Rose back to baseball
- Miami Central Rockets ready for Hoover in opener
- Miami Marlins have flair for the dramatic with one-run games
- Improvement in consistency for Miami Dolphins’ Will Davis
- Miami Hurricanes enjoy surplus of talented cornerbacks
- St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders start fast in prep for opener
- In-shape Calvin Heurtelou adjusts to Miami Hurricanes’ 3-4 defense
- Florida State Seminoles focused on opener against Oklahoma State Cowboys
- Jungle Island to host Halloween experience
- For Brazil, World Cup success fuels hope for more tourists at Rio Olympics
- Winn-Dixie parent Bi-Lo withdraws plans to take company public
- US judge readies response to Argentina’s threats
- Brazil expands labor rights for domestic workers
- Miami Beach may ban commercial hand-billing in busy areas
- TigerDirect to hold redesign celebration in Aventura
- Perry Ellis’ second quarter net loss narrows
- Crisp and affordable, Spanish white wines won’t dent your wallet
- SeaWorld drops appeal of OSHA violation
- Sleep disorders may be behind a child’s lack of concentration
- Global cruise lines set sail for China
- No slime: Indian dish brings out the best of okra
- Cats can pick up virus at vet’s, but they can also transmit it themselves
- 7 new ways to build a 7-layer salad
- Water bath takes some bite out of bitter radicchio
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- The Herald recommends: City of Miami ballot questions
- The Herald recommends: Doral charter amendments
- The Herald recommends: Yes on all Miami Beach charter questions
- Back to school
- The Herald recommends, for Governor, Democratic primary
- The CIA’s shameful secrets
- Death penalty woes
- Voters beware of boleteras
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former AP photo editor Toby Massey dies
- Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen dies at 75
- Mento performer Joseph 'Powda' Bennett dies at 76
- Former Vatican City governor Szoka dies at age 86
- Irish peacemaker, ex-premier Reynolds dies at 81
- Former Cuban countess Maria Duany dies at 98
- Indian yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar dies at 95
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss