An Italian antipasto platter is a colorful, enticing and simple put-together lunch or dinner for Mother’s Day or anytime. This quick one can be assembled in just a few minutes, and it won’t break the calorie bank. Use it as a guide and add your own special touch.
• Look for low-fat meats in the deli.
Never miss a local story.
• Use any type of sliced cheese.
• Pepperoncini are small, pickled peppers.
• Add any type of vegetable to the platter.
• Preheat oven to 300 degrees to warm rolls.
• Assemble platter.
• Warm rolls.
Fred Tasker’s wine suggestion: Chianti.
To buy: 1 head red lettuce leaves, 2 ounces sliced lean ham, 1/4 pound sliced roasted chicken breast, 1/4 pound sliced part-skim milk mozzarella cheese, 1 jar roasted red peppers, 1 jar pepperoncini, 1 can low sodium cannellini beans, 1 small container pitted black olives, 1 bottle reduced-fat Italian dressing and 2 whole wheat rolls.