CVS, the largest pharmacy chain in the United States, joined the parade of dark chocolate recalls Thursday afternoon when its Gold Emblem candies got recalled.
The three Gold Emblem products were part of the 10 recalled by New American Food Products Thursday. And New American Food Products got those candies from GKI Foods, which has been recalling candies from various customer companies after it didn’t include milk among the ingredients when they delivered the candies. Therefore, the customer companies didn’t include milk among the ingredients when they repackaged the cnadies.
That’s a problem for those with milk allergies. Reactions to eating food with milk can range from mild to fatal.
Recalled candies swept up in the New American Food Products Thursday (all Best By dates for each).
Never miss a local story.
▪ CVS’ Gold Emblem Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans, Dark Chocolate Covered Ginger and Dark Chocolate Berries.
▪ New England supermarket chain Market Basket’s Dark Chocolate Almonds and Dark Chocolate Espresso Bean.
▪ Northeast discount store chain Ocean State’s store brand, Candy Break, Dark Chocolate Ginger and Dark Chocolate Powerberries.
▪ Hannaford Excellent Espresso Beans from the Northeastern supermarket chain Hannaford.
▪ Weigels Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans, sold at the Weigels convenience store chain throughout East Tennessee.
Consumers with questions or comments can call New American at 978-682-1855, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eastern time