It isn’t hard, but it does take some talent.
Parents tend to lose control as their kids grow older. You can’t threaten to take away the stuffed animal they slobber over every night or seat them in a corner until they’ve realized the error of their ways. No, the teen years require creativity.
Fortunately, they fluster easily at this age.
Nothing will get a teenager’s attention quicker than the risk of an embarrassing moment caused by mom.
Never miss a local story.
Honestly, all you have to do is be yourself, but here are 10 tried-and-true methods for exacting sweet mom revenge on a young offender.
1. Like one of their photos on Instagram.
3. Try to have a conversation with one of their friends.
4. Sing in the car (even better if there is no music on).
5. Wear a bikini.
6. Walk into a party or school to pick them up instead of waiting in the car like a good taxi driver.
7. Ask to speak to the parent of the kid hosting the party.
8. Have them paged on the overhead speaker at the store.
9. Photobomb their pictures with their friends.
10. Write a moms blog.