So you feel like the Worst Mom Ever because you let the kids go to sleep without brushing their teeth, eat cupcakes before dinner and stay up until 11 p.m. on a school night to watch Castle on TV? A look back at these moms of 2010 will make you feel better about yourself.
· Round Yon Virgin: An anonymous San Francisco mom makes the news in January when she posts a Craigslist ad looking for an older woman to deflower her 20-year-old son. "I will not participate," she promises.
· Responsible Drinking? A Louisiana mom is arrested in February after police pull over her swerving car, with her her 14-year-old son driving. Sandy Bellanger tells deputies she often allows her son to drive her to bars so she can drink.
· Shots, Shots, Shots! Sarah Burge, dubbed the "Human Barbie" for spending nearly $1 million on cosmetic procedures, turns her Botox-filled syringe on her 16-year-old daughter, Hannah, in March. "I had a couple of lines on my forehead and around my mouth, which I was unhappy about,'' the teen says. "I don't want to look haggard and ugly by the time I'm 25."
· Return to Sender: Nancy Hansen of Tennessee "returns" her 7-year-old adopted Russian son by putting him on a flight to Moscow alone in April.
· Tough Love? A Tampa Bay mom stirs debate in May when she asks a Lee County sheriff's deputy to fake arrest her 5-year-old son for playing with fire. The crying child is handcuffed and led to the back of the squad car while onlookers watch in shock and dismay.
· Bong Hit (Or Miss): Another Florida mom triggers a Department of Children and Families investigation in June when she posts on Facebook a picture of her baby "smoking" out of a bong. The 19-year-old mom from the Gainesville area says it was a joke.
· Not a Good Car Pool Pick: Jamie Hicks, 48, of Islip, N.Y., is arrested in July after her 12-year-old daughter calls 911 from their car to report her mom is driving drunk. After stopping her, police report the mom's blood-alcohol level is more than twice the legal limit.
· Boys and Their Toys: A mom in Japan throws away her 30-year-old son's toy robots, which causes him to become suicidal and burn down his family's home in August. The mother says she has long complained the toys, which filled 300 boxes, were cluttering the house.
· Party Trained: Jessica Gamle, 21, of suburban Cincinnati is indicted in September for allegedly giving marijuana to her 2-year-old daughter and recording on her cell phone the baby smoking a joint.
· There's No Crying in Farmville: A 22-year-old Jacksonville mother pleads guilty to murdering her baby in October because the infant won't stop crying as she tries to play Farmville.
· No Justice: Ohio mom China Arnold, sentenced to life in prison for burning her 3-week-old daughter to death in a microwave oven, sees her conviction reversed in November due to prosecutorial misconduct and trial error.
· Fakin' It: Carol Schnuphase, 27, of Michigan tells her 12-year-old son he has leukemia and raises more than $7,000 at church fundraisers from sympathizers. She appears in court in early December, accused of drugging her healthy son and shaving his head to make it look like he had cancer.
Never miss a local story.