Once we become wives and mothers, words and phrases casually roll off our tongues. And many times we say (and do) the very things we’d sworn we never would when we were young and naïve and single. Here are a few choice things I’ve said recently. And unabashedly continue to say without explanation or apology for my blatant hypocrisy.
1. I changed my mind; you can have ice cream in the morning.
2. Stop playing and please go watch television.
Never miss a local story.
3. Yank it out of the hamper and douse it with Lysol and you’ll be good to go.
4. OMG, I just love your new friends! (To tween daughter)
5. Do you want a chocolate-sprinkled donut or chocolate chip cookies for snack?
6. Don’t brush teeth; just go to bed. Now.
7. Text me your birthday wish list.
8. It’s okay; just pee in the shower.
9. If you don’t stop reading, you’re in big trouble.
And number 10 is….. (drum roll please………….)
10. You want me to unlock the door because you have a headache?
For as long as this strange phenomenon transpires, I’ll continue to update my list.
Find me on twitter @darahzeledon.