For a sample of what's available on the Web about medical tourism:
* A new Medical Tourism Association has been formed, with some respected professors on its advisory board -- www.medicaltravelauthority.com. It plans to launch a Spanish-language version.
* A list of hospitals worldwide accredited by the Joint Commission International -- www.jointcommissioninternational.org/23218/iortiz/.
* Two companies offering to set up overseas medical services -- www.medjourneys.com and newmedicalhorizons.com.
Never miss a local story.
* A blog with interviews and news: blog.newmedicalhorizons.com.
* Books -- The Complete Medical Tourist by David Hancock; Beauty from Afar by Jeffrey S. Schult; Patients Beyond Borders by Josef Woodman; and Medical Tourism in Developing Countries by Milica Z. Bookman and Karla R. Bookman.