Dolphins take RB Moreno off PUP list

08/06/2014 3:59 PM

08/06/2014 4:06 PM

Davie, FL (SportsNetwork.com) - The Miami Dolphins activated running back Knowshon Moreno from the physically unable to perform list Wednesday.

Moreno participated in training camp practice for the first time with the Dolphins, who signed him in March to a reported one-year, $3 million deal.

"It feels good to put the shoulder pads on and come out here and work with the guys," Moreno told reporters.

Moreno, 27, had minor knee surgery last month and said he feels "good" after testing the knee as a limited participant in practice Wednesday.

He broke out for career-highs in nearly every category last season with the Denver Broncos, rushing for 1,038 yards and 10 touchdowns and catching 60 passes for 548 yards and three scores in 16 games.

Moreno spent his first five NFL seasons with the Broncos and helped them reach the Super Bowl this past season. He rushed for 17 yards on five carries in the blowout loss to Seattle.

Join the Discussion

Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service