SOUTH FLORIDA ART FESTIVALS
American International Fine Art Fair: Feb. 3-8; Palm Beach County Convention Center, 650 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach. 239-495-7293 or aifaf.com.
Art Basel Miami Beach: Dec. 4-7; Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach. 305-674-1292 or www.artbasel.com/en/Miami-Beach.
Art Deco Weekend: Jan. 16-18; along Ocean Drive between Fifth and 15th streets, Miami Beach. 305-672-2014 or www.artdecoweekend.com.
Art Miami: Dec. 2-7; Art Miami Pavilion, Miami Midtown Arts District, Midtown Boulevard (Northeast First Avenue) between 31st & 32nd streets, Miami. 888-772-8926 or art-miami.com.
ArtPalmBeach: Jan. 21-25; Palm Beach County Convention Center, 650 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach. 239-949-5411 or www.artpalmbeach.com.
Beaux Arts Festival of Art: Jan. 17-18; Lowe Art Museum, University of Miami, 1301 Stanford Dr., Coral Gables. 305-665-2334 or beauxartsmiami.org.
Coconut Grove Arts Festival: Feb. 14-16; along McFarlane Road and South Bayshore and Pan American drives, Coconut Grove. 305-447-0401 or coconutgroveartsfest.com.
Concept Fair: Dec. 2-7; Bayfront Park. www.concept-fair.com/
Design Miami: Dec. 2-7; Meridian Avenue & 19th Street, adjacent to the Miami Beach Convention Center, Miami Beach. www.designmiami.com.
Festival of the Trees: Nov. 20-Dec. 23; 1 Brickell Square, 801 Brickell Ave., Miami. 305-233-2404 or festivalofthetrees.net.
Fridge Art Fair Miami: Dec. 4-9; Third Street Garage Artspace, 300 SW 12th Ave., Miami. www.fridgeartfair.com.
Ink Art Fair: Dec. 3-7; Suites of Dorchester, 1850 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. www.inkartfair.com.
Las Olas Art Fair: Jan. 3-4; Las Olas Boulevard between Southeast Sixth and 11th avenues, Fort Lauderdale. 954-472-3755 or artfestival.com.
Miami Art+Design (MA+D): Feb. 12-17; Bayfront Park, 301 N. Biscayne Blvd., downtown Miami. 239-949-5411 or miamiartanddesign.com.
Miami Photo Salon Festival: Dec. 2-5; Cuban American Phototheque Foundation, 4260 SW 74th Ave, Davie. miamiphotosalonfestival.com
Miami Project: Dec. 2-7; Midtown Boulevard (Northeast First Avenue), Midtown. www.miamiproject.com.
Miami River Art Fair: Dec. 4-7; Miami Convention Center, 400 SE Second Ave, downtown. miamiriverartfair.com
New Art Dealers Alliance (NADA) Art Fair: Dec. 4-7; The Deauville Beach Resort, 6701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. 305-347-7400 or newartdealers.org.
Pinta Miami, the Modern & Contemporary Latin American Art Show: Dec. 2-7; Midtown Miami-Wynwood. 305-373-8110 or www.pintamiami.com.
Pulse Miami: Dec. 4-7; Indian Beach Park, 4601 Collins Ave., Miami Beach.
Red Dot Art Fair: Dec. 2-7, 3011 NE First Ave. at the corner of 31st Street, Midtown. reddotfair.com.
Scope Miami: Dec. 2-7; held on Ocean Drive in Miami Beach. scope-art.com.
South Miami Rotary Art Festival: Feb. 21-22; along Sunset Drive between U.S. 1 and Red Road. 305-769-5977 or southmiamiartfest.org.
Spectrum Miami Art Show: Dec. 3-7; 3011 NE First Ave. at 30th St., Midtown. spectrum-miami.com
Untitled Art Fair: Dec. 3-7; held along Ocean Drive in Miami Beach. www.art-untitled.com.
MIAMI-DADE MUSEUMS, CONSORTIUMS, INSTITUTIONS AND GALLERIES
ArtCenter/South Florida Gallery: 800 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach. 305-674-8278 or artcentersf.org:
▪ Artists: Cristina Lei Rodriguez, Nellie Appleby and Allison Matherly: through Nov. 2.
▪ Artists: Adler Guerrier, Leyden Rodriguez-Casanova and Frances Trombly: Oct. 8-Nov. 2 (at Project 924, 924 Lincoln Rd.)
▪ 30 Years on the Road: Nov. 19-Feb. 1.
▪ Julian Navarro Projects: Feb. 7-March 8.
▪ winningART: March 14-April 11.
Bakehouse Art Complex: 561 NW 32nd St., Miami. 305-576-2828 or bacfl.org:
▪ Sway Away: through Sept. 28.
▪ Convoluted Shape by Jamilah Sabur: through Oct. 18.
Bass Museum of Art: 2121 Park Ave., Miami Beach. 305-673-7530 or bassmuseum.org:
▪ Gravity and Grace: Monumental Works by El Anatsui: through Sept. 21.
▪ Gold: through Jan. 11.
▪ One Way: Peter Marino: Dec. 4-March 29
David Castillo Gallery: 2234 NW Second Ave., Miami. 305-573-8110 or davidcastillogallery.com:
▪ Amerika: Sept. 26-Nov. 15.
▪ Jose Lerma: December and January.
▪ Wendy White: February and March.
▪ Lyle Ashton Harris: April and May.
▪ Robert Melee: September and October 2015.
Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation (CIFO): 1018 N. Miami Ave., Miami. 305-455-3380 or cifo.org:
▪ Fleeting Imaginaries: through Nov. 2.
Coral Gables Museum: 285 Aragon Ave, Coral Gables. 305-603-8067 or www.coralgablesmuseum.org:
▪ All Buildings Great & Small: New Building Designs for a Better City: through Oct. 26.
▪ Temple Judea: Building a sacred Jewish community in the City Beautiful: through Nov. 2.
▪ Beyond Swastika and Jim Crow: Jewish Refugee Scholars at Black Colleges: Oct. 5-Jan. 11.
▪ History of Italian Cycling: Oct. 25-Nov. 7.
▪ Miami 2100: Envisioning a Resilient Second Century: Nov. 6-March 1.
▪ The Historic Churches of Santiago de Cuba: Feb. 5-23.
▪ ARTcycle: Awareness, Respect + Tolerance: March 5-May 31.
▪ Federico Carosio: March 5-May 31.
▪ The Greenlink: March 5-May 31.
▪ MiniGolf: Round 2: May 1-Aug. 23.
▪ Fourth Annual Capture Coral Gables: Photography Contest and Exhibit: June 5-Aug. 30.
Beneath the Surface: Dec. 2-October 2015.
Diaspora Vibe Gallery: 3938 N. Miami Ave., Miami. 305-573-4046 or diasporavibe.net:
▪ Le Fete: Nov. 1-30.
▪ Caribbean Identities Exhibition: through Oct. 31.
Dimensions Variable: 100 NE 11th St., Miami. www.dimensionsvariable.net:
Plot — Jude Broughan: Through Oct. 20.
Fabian Pena: November-December.
Margrethe Aanestad: January-March.
Freedom Tower at Miami Dade College: 600 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. 305-237-7710 or www.mdcmoad.org:
▪ The Exile Experience: Journey to Freedom/Cuban Exile Experience: Ongoing.
▪ Cuba Out of Cuba: Through the Lens of Alexis Rodriguez-Duarte in Collaboration with Tico Torres: through Aug. 30.
▪ Work/Work: through Nov. 14.
▪ LEBO Pops Up: Artworks: through Oct. 4.
▪ 2014-15 CINTAS Fellowship Finalist Exhibition: Oct. 10-Nov. 9.
▪ Shen Wei — In Black, White and Gray: Dec. 5-Feb. 1.
▪ Odalis Valdivieso: Feb. 19-April 26.
▪ Susan Lee-Chun: History of (In) curiosity: Feb. 19-April 26.
▪ MDC/NWSA Museum Studies Program Exhibition: April 3-May 3.
▪ Florencio Gelabert Journeys: A dialog with time: May 23-Aug. 23.
▪ swing/SPACE/Miami: through Sept. 6, 2015.
Patricia and Phillip Frost Art Museum at FIU: 11200 SW Eighth St., West Miami-Dade. 305-348-3892 or thefrost.fiu.edu.
▪ Simon Ma: Heart.Water.Ink. World Tour. Exhibition tribute to Xu Beihong: through Oct. 19.
▪ Kept at Bay: Art on Guantánamo: through Oct. 19.
▪ Marisa Tellería: Still: through Oct. 19.
▪ Faculty Exhibition: Stadtluft Macht Frei: through Oct. 19.
▪ Wolfsonian-FIU Teaching Exhibition: Koizumi Kishio: Remember+ing Tokyo: Oct. 1-Jan. 11.
▪ Papua New Guinea: Gogodala Art and Identity, Transition and Revival: Oct. 1-26.
▪ Annette Fromm & Tudor Parfitt: Hands of Korea: Oct. 1-Jan. 4.
▪ Wang Qingsong: ADinfinitum: Nov. 8-Jan. 18.
▪ A Global Exchange: Geometric Abstraction Since 1950 — Museum of Contemporary Art Buenos Aires: Nov. 8-Jan. 11.
▪ Gaby Grobo: Horizonte infinito (Infinite Horizon): Nov. 8-Dec. 7.
▪ Art Education Exhibition: Dec. 10-Jan. 1.
▪ Carlos Estevez: Entelechy: Feb. 14-April 5.
▪ Xu Bing: Writing Between Heaven and Earth: Feb. 14-May 24.
▪ Florida Artist Series: Feb. 14-May 17.
▪ Monica Bengoa: Exercices de Style (Exercises in Style): Feb. 14-April 27.
▪ Aesthetics & Values: April 15-May 10.
▪ Healing Arts-Laura Otero Project: May 6-Aug. 30.
▪ Carlos Luna: June 17-Sept. 13.
Futernick Family Art Gallery: Dave and Mary Alper Jewish Community Center, 11155 SW 112th Ave., Miami. 305-271-9000, ext. 265, or alperjcc.org:
▪ Palette Knife Artists of Miami: Oct. 12-Nov. 9.
▪ Cinema Judaica: The War Years: Nov. 16-Dec. 28.
▪ Natural Pastels: Jan. 11-Feb. 21.
▪ Warhol & Wyeth: Behind the Scenes of the Factory Portraits: March 1-May 3.
Gallery Diet: 174 NW 23rd St., Miami. 305-571-2288 or lunchtime.gallerydiet.com:
▪ Benny Merris, Stranger: Sept. 12-Oct. 11.
▪ Nicholas Lobo: D.O.W.: through Nov. 1.
▪ Fabienne Lasserre at C.Ar.D.: through Oct. 12.
HistoryMiami: 101 W. Flagler St., Miami. 305-375-1492 or historymiami.org:
▪ American Sabor — Latinos in U.S. Popular Music: through Oct. 26.
▪ History and Ourselves: through Nov. 30.
▪ Ladies and Gentlemen ... The Beatles! Oct. 10-Jan. 18.
▪ A Respect for Light — The Photography of Mario Algaze: Nov. 14-Jan. 18.
▪ The Complete Audubon — The Birds Of America: Feb. 27-May 31.
▪ Tropical Dreams — A People’s History Of South Florida: Permanent exhibition.
Jewish Museum of Florida: 301 Washington Ave., Miami Beach. 305-672-5044 or jewishmuseum.com:
▪ Growers, Grocers & Gefilte Fish: A Gastronomic Look at Florida Jews and Food: through Oct. 5.
▪ From a Coin Toss into Politics: The Life of a Senator: through March 22.
▪ The Chosen: Selected Works from Florida Jewish Art Collectors: Nov. 4-March 8.
▪ 20th Anniversary Exhibit — Highlights from the Museum’s Collection of Florida Jewish History: March 31-Oct. 11, 2016.
▪ The Seventh Day: Revisiting Shabbat: April 14-Oct. 25, 2016.
Locust Projects: 155 NE 38th St., Suite 100, Miami. 305-576-8570 or www.locustprojects.org:
Daniel Arsham: The Future is Now and Simon Vega: Sub-Tropical Social Sculptures: Nov. 15-January 2015.
Ruby Sky Stiler and Project Room: Group Exhibition: Felecia Carlisle with Mindy Abovitz, Terry Berlier, Luciano Chessa, Christy Gast, Valerie George, Dawn Kasper, Daren Kendall, Eli Lehrhoff, Molly Zuckerman-Hartung: February-April 2015.
Roberto Gomez: May-June 2015.
Lowe Art Museum: University of Miami, 1301 Stanford Dr., Coral Gables. 305-284-3535 or lowemuseum.org:
▪ China’s Last Empire: The Art and Culture of The Qing Dynasty: through Oct. 19.
▪ Art in Real Life: Traditional African Art from the Lowe Art Museum: Nov. 8-Jan. 11.
▪ Transformative Visions: Works by Haitian Artists from the Permanent Collection: Nov. 8-Jan. 11.
▪ Weaver’s Stories from Island Southeast Asia: Jan. 31-March 29.
▪ Crossroads of Asia: Art of the Island Kingdoms of Indonesia and Southeast Asia from the Permanent Collection: Jan. 31-March 29.
▪ ArtLab @ The Lowe: Conquest and Coexistence — The Cultural Synthesis of Spanish Colonial Art: May 16-April 26.
Margulies Collection at the Warehouse: 591 NW 27th St., Miami. 305-576-1051 or margulieswarehouse.com:
▪ Fifteen Year Anniversary Exhibition: Oct. 29-April 25.
Miami-Dade Main Library: 101 W. Flagler St., Miami. 305-375-2685 or www.mdpls.org:
▪ Paint Splash: Before Wynwood Art-walk: through Dec. 13.
▪ The Imaginary Beings: A tribute to Jorge Luis Borges: through Jan. 18.
▪ Cultivated Under the Sun, Something Old, Something New — Works from the Permanent Art Collection: Dec. 19-March 31.
New World Gallery: 25 NE Second St., Miami. 305-237-3597:
▪ Unexpected: through Oct. 12.
▪ Alternate Realities: Oct. 23-Nov. 17.
▪ Fredric Snitzer: “Still Crazy...” Recent Works: Dec. 4-19.
▪ Benjamin Cañas: A Selection of Works From the NWSA Permanent Collection: Jan. 29-Feb. 27.
▪ Rising Stars Exhibition: March 19-April 10.
▪ Susan Banks: Current Work: April 23-May 15.
▪ Senior Showcase: May 29-July 10.
North Dade Regional Library: 2455 NW 183rd St., Miami Gardens. 305-625-6424 or www.mdpls.org:
▪ The Queen Of Salsa: Photographic Portraits of Celia Cruz: through Feb. 28.
PanAmerican Art Projects: 2450 NW Second Ave., Miami. 305-573-2400 or panamericanart.com:
▪ Permutations. Contemporary Cuban Art: through Nov. 1.
Perez Art Museum Miami: 1103 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. 305-375-3000 or www.pamm.org:
▪ Project Gallery: Monika Sosnowska: through Oct. 12.
▪ Adler Guerrier: Formulating a Plot: through Jan. 25.
▪ Global Positioning Systems: through Aug. 15.
▪ Project Gallery: Leonor Antunes: through Jan. 18.
▪ Beyond the Limited Life of Painting: Prints and Multiples from the Holding Capital Group Collection: through March 1.
▪ Beatriz Milhazes: Jardim Botânico: through Jan. 11.
▪ To Herb and Dorothy: Celebrating the Vogel Gift: Sept. 30-Nov. 16.
▪ Geoffrey Farmer: Let’s Make the Water Turn Black: Oct. 9-March 1.
▪ Project Gallery: Nicole Cherubini: Oct. 9-April 5.
▪ Tàpies: From Within: Feb. 12-May 3.
Spinello Projects: 155 NE 38th St., Suite 101, Miami. 786-271-4223 or www.spinelloprojects.com:
▪ The Doors of Perception, Santiago Rubino: through Oct. 4.
West Dade Regional Library: 9445 Coral Way, Miami. 305-553-1134 or www.mdpls.org:
▪ Emilio Sanchez: Vista al mar: From the Permanent Art Collection: through Dec. 6.
The Wolfsonian-FIU: 1001 Washington Ave., Miami Beach. 305-531-1001 or wolfsonian.org:
▪ I Have Seen the Future: Norman Bel Geddes Designs America: through Sept. 28.
▪ Wonders Never Cease: The 100th Anniversary of the Panama Canal: through Nov. 30.
▪ Bummer: through Nov. 11.
▪ Myth and Machine: The First World War in Visual Culture: Nov. 11-April 5.
Lisa Ann Watson Children’s Discovery Museum at Alper JCC: 11155 SW 112th Ave., Miami. 305-271-9000 or alperjcc.org:
▪ 28th Annual Impressions in Watercolor: Nov. 10-Dec. 12.
▪ POP ART! The Andy Warhol Studio: March 1-May 17.
Hernan Bas: Junctures: Oct. 2-Nov. 4.
YoungArts Salon: Ben Folds: Oct. 8
Outside the Box: Ernest Baker, Kate Davis and David Eggar: Oct. 25.
National YoungArts Week: Classical, Jazz & Pop Voice Performance: Jan. 5.
National YoungArts Week: Theater & Jazz Instrumental Performance: Jan. 6.
National YoungArts Week: Dance Performance and Cinematic Arts Screening: Jan. 7.
National YoungArts Week: Classical Music Concert: Jan. 8.
BROWARD MUSEUMS, CONSORTIUMS AND INSTITUTIONS
Art and Culture Center of Hollywood: 1650 Harrison St., Hollywood. 954-921-3274 or artandculturecenter.org:
▪ Echos Myron; Project room: Sri Prabha: Outpost; The Landing: Monica Uszerowicz: It’s Okay to Cry: through Nov. 2.
▪ Dave Muller: Rock ’n’ Old; Middle galleries: Bhakti Baxter: Returning What Was Borrowed; Project room: Yardbird Records Pop-Up record store curated by Michael Dean; The Landing: Annie Buckley: The People’s Tarot: Nov. 14-Jan. 18.
▪ Abracadabra: Eighth Annual Exhibition and Fundraiser; Middle galleries: Kubiat Nnamdie; Project room: Ernesto Kunde: Intertwined; The Landing: Tom Virgin: Feb. 6-March 13.
▪ Jose Alvarez: As Far as the I Can See; The Landing: Regina Jestrow: March 27-May 24.
▪ Wayne White: Maybe Now I’ll Get the Respect I So Richly Deserve; Middle galleries: Douglas Hoekzema: June 12-Aug. 23.
Broward County Main Library: 100 S. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale. broward.org/library:
▪ Komen for the Cure Art Exhibit — Stories to Share: Oct. 21.
Coral Springs Museum of Art: 2855 Coral Springs Dr., Coral Springs. 954-340-5000, 954-346-4424 or coralspringsmuseum.org:
▪ Clyde Butcher’s Preserving Eden Fall Exhibition: through Nov. 22.
▪ Phillip Stearns Exhibition: Oct. 18-Nov. 23.
▪ Winter Exhibition: Dec. 6-Feb. 21.
▪ Karolina Sobecka Exhibition: through Oct. 17.
▪ Art of War Veterans Program: Mondays Sept. 22-Oct. 20.
▪ Broward County Superintendent’s Advanced Placement Exhibition: Jan. 3-31.
▪ Comic & Pop Art Spring Exhibition: March 5-May 23.
▪ Summer Exhibition: June 6-Aug. 29.
Fort Lauderdale Historical Society: 219 SW Second Ave., Fort Lauderdale. 954-463-4431, ext. 20, or oldfortlauderdale.org:
▪ Beating The Heat: through March 1.
Girls Club: 117 NE Second St., Fort Lauderdale. 954828-9151. or girlsclubcollection.org:
▪ The Moment. The Backdrop. The Persona: Nov. 7-Sept. 26, 2015.
Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale/Nova Southeastern University: 1 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. 954-525-5500 or moafl.org:
▪ American Scene Photography: Martin Z. Margulies Collection: Nov. 2-March 22.
▪ Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, and 20th Century Mexican Art: Feb. 26-May 31.
▪ Aesthetic Decisions: March 8-Aug. 2.
▪ Helhesten (The Hell-horse): Danish Cultural Resistance during World War II: April 10-Oct. 4.
▪ The Indestructible Lee Miller: Oct. 4, 2015-Jan. 3, 2016.
Museum of Discovery & Science: 401 SW Second St., Fort Lauderdale. 954-467-6637 or mods.org:
▪ Black Holes: Space Warps & Time Twists: through Jan. 5.
Young at Art Children’s Museum: 11584 W. State Road 84, Davie. 954-424-0085 or youngatartmuseum.org:
▪ Colorful Rebellion — Seventh Nightmare: through Jan. 4.
▪ ColorFest: A Celebration of the Art & Science of Color, with Color Play, a traveling exhibition: Oct. 11-Jan. 4.
▪ Solo Exhibition by Gustavo Ovieto: Sept. 27-Jan. 11.
▪ Solo Exhibition by Alex Snowden: Oct. 11-Jan. 4.
▪ Orbiting Cathedrals by Sri Prabha: Jan. 24-May 3.
▪ Solo Exhibition by Guerra De La Paz: Jan. 24-May 3.
▪ Mirror Stage by Leah Brown: May 30-Sept. 7.
PALM BEACH MUSEUMS AND INSTITUTIONS
Boca Raton Museum of Art: 501 Plaza Real, Boca Raton. 561-392-2500 or bocamuseum.org:
▪ 63rd Annual All Florida Juried Competition & Exhibition: through Oct. 18.
▪ Artists' Guild Biennial Exhibition: through Oct. 18.
▪ Roberto Matta, The Freedom of Gesture: through Oct. 25.
▪ A New Path-Two Installations in the Colonnade: This Color is Great by Renata Stih and Frieder Schnock; The Pursuit of Happiness by Roberto Behar and Rosario Marquardt: Nov. 1-Ongoing.
▪ Theresa Ferber Bernstein: A Century in Art: Nov. 9-Jan. 11.
▪ Elliot Erwitt Photographs: Nov. 9-Jan. 11.
▪ Bryan Drury: Terrestrial Visions: Nov. 9-Jan. 11.
▪ Shizuka Yokomizo: Forever and Again: Nov. 9-Jan. 11.
▪ Izhar Patkin: The Wandering Veil: Jan. 26-April 5.
▪ Surrealism and Magic: Jan. 26-April 5.
▪ Helena Rubinstein: The Power of Beauty: April 21-July 12.
Cornell Museum of Art & American Culture: Old School Square, 51 N. Swinton Ave., Delray Beach. 561-243-7922 or oldschool.org:
▪ Florida Watercolor Society 43rd Annual Exhibition: through Nov. 16.
▪ From the Borough to the Beach: Brooklyn-Based Art: through Nov. 16.
Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens: 4000 Morikami Park Rd., Delray Beach. 561-495-0233 or morikami.org:
▪ Japanese Design for the Senses: Beauty, Form and Function: Sept. 30-Jan. 18.
Norton Museum of Art: 1451 S. Olive Ave., West Palm Beach. 561-832-5196, ext. 1183, or norton.org:
▪ New Lobby Installation by Terry Haggerty: Sept. 23-September 2015.
▪ The Rudin Prize for Emerging Photographers: Oct. 2-Jan. 11.
▪ Master Prints: Dürer to Matisse: Nov. 6-Feb. 15.
▪ Coming into Fashion: A Century of Photography at Condé Nast: Nov. 20-Feb. 15.
▪ Klara Kristalova: Turning into Stone: Dec. 2-March 29.
▪ Pastures Green: The British Passion for Landscape: Dec. 23-April 5.
▪ The Triumph of Love: Beth Rudin DeWoody Collects: Feb. 8-May 3.
▪ High Tea: Glorious Manifestations East and West: Feb. 19-May 24.
▪ Imaging Eden: Photographers Discover the Everglades: March 19-July 12.