Visual arts listings for 2013-14 season
09/22/2013 12:00 AM
09/15/2013 10:05 PM
American International Fine Art Fair: Feb. 4-9, 2014. Palm Beach County Convention Center, 650 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach. 239-495-7293 or aifaf.com
Art Basel Miami Beach: Dec. 5-8. 1901 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach. www.artbaselmiamibeach.com.
Art Deco Weekend: Jan. 17-19, 2014. Ocean Drive, Miami Beach. 305-672-2014, www.artdecoweekend.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arteamericas 2013: Dec. 5-8 Wynwood Arts District, Miami. 305-856-7595 or www.arteamericas.com.
Art in the Park: Nov. 9-10. Liberty Tree Park, 7421 NW Fifth St., Plantation.
Art Miami: Dec. 5-8; Art Miami Pavilion, The Miami Midtown Arts District, Midtown Boulevard (31st Street at Northeast First Avenue), Miami. 1-888-772-8926 or art-miami.com
Art Palm Beach: Jan. 23-27, 2014; Palm Beach County Convention Center, 650 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach. 239-495-9834 or www.artpalmbeach.com.
Beaux Arts Festival of Art: Jan. 18-19; grounds of University of Miami, Coral Gables. 305-668-8499 or www.beauxartsmiami.org.
Broward Attractions and Museums Month (BAMM): June 2014. www.bamminfo.org.
Coconut Grove Arts Festival: Feb. 15-17, 2014. McFarlane Road and South Bayshore and Pan American drives in Coconut Grove. 305-447-0401 or www.cgaf.com.
Coral Springs Festival of the Arts: March 15-16, 2014. The Walk, 2600-2920 University Dr., Coral Springs. www.artfestival.com.
Cuisine for Art: Held in May (date TBA for 2014); Art and Culture Center of Hollywood, 1650 Harrison St., Hollywood. artandculturecenter.org.
Deering Estate Festival of the Arts: Held in February (date is TBA); Deering Estate, 16701 SW 72nd Ave., Palmetto Bay. 305-235-1668 or www.deeringestate.org.
DWNTWN Art Days: Sept. 20-22. Grand Central Park at Miami Worldcenter, 700 N. Miami Ave., Park West. 305-206-5209 or www.dwntwnarts.com.
Festival of the Trees: Nov. 21; Coral Gables Museum, 285 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables. 305-348-6914.
Gulfstream Park Art Festival: Dec. 14-15. The Village at Gulfstream Park, 501 S. Federal Hwy., Hallandale Beach. 954-378-0900, 847-926-4300 or www.thevillageatgulfstreampark.com.
Las Olas Art Fair in the Fall: Oct. 19-20; 600 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. www.artfestival.com.
Las Olas Art Fair Part I & II: Jan. 4-5 and March 1-2, 2014; 600 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. www.artfestival.com.
Mad Hatter Arts Festival: Nov. 16-17. Barnacle Historic State Park, 3485 Main Hwy., Coconut Grove, 305-442-6866, and along the sidewalk area of Main Highway.
Miami River Art Fair 2013: Dec. 5-8; Miami Convention Center Riverfront Hall, 400 SE Second Ave., Downtown Miami. 305-395-3599 or www.miamiriverartfair.com.
Miami International Art Fair 2014: Jan. 16-20, 2014. Aboard SeaFair docked at Bayfront Dock, 100 Chopin Plaza, downtown Miami. www.expoships.com.
Museum of Art Fort Lauderale/Nova Southeastern University National Art Festival: Held in January (date TBA); Huizenga Plaza and Park, 32 E. Las Olas Blvd. (at Andrews Avenue), Fort Lauderdale. 954-525-5500 or moafl.org.
New Art Dealers Alliance (NADA) Art Fair. Dec. 5-8; The Deauville Beach Resort, 6701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. 305-347-7400 or newartdealers.org.
Pulse Miami: Dec. 5-8; Ice Palace, 1400 N. Miami Ave., Miami. http://pulse-art.com/miami/
Rotary Key Biscayne Art Festival: March 15-16, 2014; The Village Green, 455 Grand Bay Dr., (on Crandon Boulevard), Key Biscayne. 561-746-6615 or www.artfestival.com.
St. Stephen’s Art Show: Held in February (date TBA). Held on the campus of St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, 2750 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove. 305-648-0056 or artshows.org.
Scope Miami: Dec. 4-7. Held at Scope Pavilion, 1000 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach. scope-art.com.
South Miami Rotary Art Festival: Feb. 22-23, 2014. Held along Sunset Drive between U.S. 1 and Red Road. 305-769-5977 or southmiamiartfest.org.
Spectrum Miami: Dec. 5-8. Spectrum Miami Tent, 3011 NE First Ave., Wynwood. $500-$50,000. spectrum-miami.com/.
TrasH-2-Art Competition/Exhibit: Dec. 6. Studio 18 in the Pines, 1101 Poinciana Dr., Hollywood. 888-828-8242 or bit.ly/trash2art2013.
MIAMI-DADE MUSEUMS, CONSORTIUMS, INSTITUTIONS
Archbishop Curley Notre Dame High School Gallery of Art: 4949 NE Second Ave., Miami. 305-751-8367 or acnd.net:• Art Transforms Lives — Second Annual Teaching Artist Exhibit: Sept. 23-Oct. 1.
• “The Cure Package” by Lisa Boccard: Oct. 5-Nov. 6.
• Silvia Lizama ’75, a retrospective: Nov. 9-Jan. 22.
• Carl Juste ’81, a retrospective: March 8-April 30, 2014.
√ArtSouth: 240 N. Krome Ave., Homestead. 305-247-9406 or www.artsouthhomestead.org:• Shona Sculptures from Zimbabwe, ongoing.
Bakehouse Art Complex: 561 NW 32nd St., Wynwood. 305-576-2828 or www.bacfl.org:• Oneiric: Beyond Consciousness: through Oct. 2.
• Behind the Scenes: through Oct. 2.
√Bass Museum of Art: 2100 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. 305-673-7530 or www.bassmuseum.org:• Eve Sussman-Rufus Corporation: through Nov. 3.
• Hernan Bas-Time, a queer and curious cabinet: Nov. 2-Feb. 23.
• Piotr Uklanski-ESL: Dec. 5-March 16.
√CIFO Art Space (Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation): 1018 N. Miami Ave., Park West. 305-455-3380 or www.cifo.org:• Deferred Archive: through Oct. 27.
√ Coral Gables Museum: 285 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables. 305-603-8067 or coralgablesmuseum.org:• Creating the Dream-George E. Merrick and His Vision for Coral Gables: Sept. 22-29.
√De la Cruz Collection: 23 NE 41st St., Miami. 305-576-6112 or www.delacruzcollection.org:• From the Collection: through Oct. 12.
√ Patricia and Phillip Frost Art Museum at FIU’s Mitch Maidique Campus: 10975 SW 17th St., Southwest Miami-Dade; 305-348-2890 or thefrost.fiu.edu. Exhibitions are free.• Six Degrees of Separate Nations—Ebony G. Patterson and Peterson Kamwathi: through Sept. 29.
• Deep Blue by Javier Velasco: through Dec. 31.
• Faculty show: through Oct. 13.
• Crisis and Commerce—World’s Fairs of the 1930s: through Jan. 5.
• Alberto Baraya-Naturalism/Artificiality: Expeditions and Research of the Herbarium of Artificial Plants: through Jan. 5.
• Eternal Cuba—The Darlene M. and Jorge M. Pérez Collection: Oct. 16-Dec. 8.
• Humberto Castro—Tracing Antilles: Oct. 16-Feb. 3.
• From Africa to the Americas: Oct. 16-Jan. 5.
• Things That Cannot Be Seen Any Other Way—The Art of Manuel Mendive: Nov. 16-Jan. 26.
• 2013 Master of Art Education Exhibition: Dec. 11-28.
• Bachelor of Fine Arts Students’ Exhibition: Dec. 11-Jan. 5.
• Karina Chechik: Architectures of Light; Jan. 22-April. 13.
• Capture the Moment: The Pulitzer Prize Photographs; Feb. 12-April 27.
• Our America: The Latino Presence in American Art; March 26-June 22.
• Monika Weiss; April 23-Aug. 3.
• Philippe Dodard; May 7-June 29.
√ Futernick Family Art Gallery at Alper Jewish Community Center: 11155 SW 112th Ave., Kendall. 305-271-9000, ext. 265 or alperjcc.org:• Rudi Weissenstein-Photographs of Israel with screening of film “Life in Stills:” Sept. 29-Nov. 3.
√HistoryMiami: 101 W. Flagler St., downtown Miami. 305-375-1492 or www.historymiami.org:• Bob Marley, Messenger: Oct. 11-Jan. 5.
• Tropical Dreams. Permanent exhibition.
√ Jewish Museum of Florida: 301 Washington Ave., Miami Beach. 305-672-5044 or www.jewishmuseum.com:• Fryd on Fire by Carol Fryd: through Oct. 20.
• MOSAIC — Jewish Life in Florida, 1763 to Present: ongoing.
Lowe Art Museum: University of Miami, 1301 Stanford Dr., Coral Gables. 305-284-3535 or www.lowemuseum.org:• ArtLab @ The Lowe- From Ancient Art to Modern Molas: Recurring Themes in Indigenous Panamá, through April 27.
• Beauty Beyond Nature-The Glass Art of Paul Stankard: through Oct. 13.
• Pan American Modernism-Avant-Garde Art in Latin America and the United States: through Oct. 13.
• Terrestrial Paradises—Imagery from The Voyages of Captain James Cook: through July 13.
• ?#@*$%! The Mainstream —The Art of DIY Self Expression, Zines From Special Collections, University of Miami Libraries: Nov. 2-Jan. 5.
• Pueblo To Pueblo—The Legacy of Southwest Indian Pottery: Jan. 25-March 23.
• ArtLab @ The Lowe-Converging Cultures in Colonial America: May 9-April 26.
• China’s Last Empire—The Art and Culture of The Qing Dynasty: June 21-Oct. 19.
√ Margulies Collection at the Warehouse: 591 NW 27th St., Wynwood. 305-576-1051 or margulieswarehouse.com:• Exhibition from China of large-scale site installations featuring Song Dong and Ai Weiwei. Exhibition from Italy of Arte Povera 1969-1999 featuring Pier Paolo Calzolari, Jannis Kounellis, Michaelangelo Pistoletto. Exhibition from Germany of painting and sculpture featuring the works of Anselm Kiefer from 1986-2006: Oct. 16-April 26.
√Miami Beach Botanical Garden: 2000 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach. 305-673-7256 or www.mbgarden.org:• Chapungu: through Nov. 16.
• Nayda Collazo-Llorens-Pleasure, Fear and the Pursuit of Happiness: through Nov. 3.
Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA): 770 NE 125th St., North Miami; 305-893-6211 or www.mocanomi.org:• Love of Technology: Sept. 27-Nov. 3.
• Tracey Emin —Angel Without You: Dec. 4-March 9.
• Wangechi Mutu—A Fantastic Journey: April 11-July 6.
• Pablo Cano—The Art of The Party: August-September 2014.
New World Gallery: 25 NE Second St., Miami. 305-237-3597 or nwsa.mdc.edu/:• Faculty exhibition: through Sept. 30.
• Breaking Boundaries, photography exhibition: Nov. 7-Dec. 16.
• High School sculpture exhibition: Jan. 30-Feb. 24.
• Rising Stars Exhibition: March 21-April 30.
Perez Art Museum of Miami: 1103 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. 305-375-3000 or www.pamm.org:• In The Sculpture Garden: Jedd Novatt: Dec. 4.
• Project Gallery: Bouchra Khalili: Dec. 4-Feb. 23.
• Amelia Pelaez: The Craft of Modernity: Dec. 4-Feb. 23.
• Ai Weiwei: According to What?: Dec. 4-March 16.
• Project Gallery: Yael Bartana: Dec. 20-April 20.
• A Human Document: Selections from the Sackner Archive of Concrete and Visual Poetry: Dec. 4-May 25.
• Project Gallery: Hew Locke: Dec. 4-May 25.
• Image Search: Photography from the Collection: Dec. 4-July 27.
• Project Gallery: Monika Sosnowska: Dec. 4-Sept. 28.
• Americana: Selections from the PAMM Collections: Dec. 4-May 1, 2015.
• Edouard Duval-Carrié: Imagined Landscapes: March 13-Aug. 31.
• Caribbean: Crossroads of the World: April 18-Aug. 17.
Rubell Family Collection/Contemporary Arts Foundation: 95 NW 29th St., Wynwood. 305-573-6090 or www.rubellfamilycollection.com:• Selections from the Rubell Family Collection: through Nov. 1.
Lisa Ann Watson Children’s Discovery Museum at Alper Jewish Community Center: 11155 SW 112th Ave., Kendall. 305-271-9000, ext. 268 or alperjcc.org:• The Wonderful Wizard of Oz exhibit: Jan. 5-March 23.
√ The Wolfsonian-FIU: 1001 Washington Ave., Miami Beach. 305-531-1001 or www.wolfsonian.org:• Echoes and Origins — Interwar Italian Design: Sept. 27.
• The Birth of Rome: Nov. 22.
• Rendering War—The Murals of A.G. Santagata: Nov. 22.
√World Erotic Art Museum: 1205 Washington Ave., Miami Beach. 305-532-9336 or www.weam.com:• Helmut Newton: A Liberating Experience: through March 31, 2014.
BROWARD ART MUSEUMS, CONSORTIUMS AND INSTITUTIONS
Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum: 1 Seminole Way, near Hollywood. 863-902-1113 or www.ahtahthiki.com:• Camera-man — The Seminole through the Lens of Julian Dimock: through Dec. 9.
√Art and Culture Center of Hollywood: 1650 Harrison St., Hollywood. 954-921-3274 or www.artandculturecenter.org:• Main Gallery: Francesco LoCastro’s Advent; Middle Galleries: Peter Hammar’s Zeitgeber; Project Room: Jessy Nite’s Behavioral Patterns; The Landing: Dana Lauren Goldstein’s Black Eyes: through Oct. 27.
• Main Gallery: Francie Bishop Good’s Not on Allen St.; Middle Gallery: Charles LaBelle’s Selections from the Dwelling Achive; Square Gallery: Melissa Fredendall’s Temporal Flux; Project Room: Sarah Michelle Rupert’s In Search of Ever After; The Landing: Samantha Brooks’ 1000 Missed Connections: Nov. 7-Jan. 12.
• Main Gallery: Abracadabra-Seventh Annual Exhibition and Fundraiser; Middle Galleries: Virginia Fifield; Project Room: Kristen Thiele; The Landing: Aline Crumb: Jan. 24-March 16.
• Main Gallery: Agustina Woodgate’s The Skin Rug Collection; Middle Galleries: Johnny Robles; Project Room: Juan Erman Gonzalez; The Landing: Toni Mena: March 28-May 25.
• Summer exhibitions. Main Gallery: Nathan Sawaya’s The Art of the Brick – in Pieces; Middle Gallery: Group Show; Square Gallery: Rod Faulds; The Landing: H. Allen Benowitz: June 6- Aug. 17, 2014.
Bonnet House Museum and Gardens: 900 N. Birch Rd., Fort Lauderdale. 954-563-5393 or www.bonnethouse.org:• Viva Florida 500 Best in Show Series at Gallery 928: through Nov. 3.
√ Coral Springs Museum of Art: 2855 Coral Springs Dr., Coral Springs. 954-340-5000 or www.csmart.org:• Ronn Jaffe — Mixed Media: through Nov. 9.
• Sandee Berman — Americana Series: through Nov. 9.
• Breast Cancer Awareness Body Painting Project: through Nov. 9.
• Andre Desjardins: Nov. 23-March 15.
• Snowflake Effect: Nov. 23-March 15.
• William Glackens as Illustrator: Nov. 23-Dec. 28.
• Superintendent’s Advanced Placement Studio Art Exhibition: Jan. 4-Feb. 1.
• Mills, Collins & Humphreys: Feb. 8-March 15.
• Henning Haupt: March 29-May 17.
• Craig Carlisle: March 29-May 17.
• Pablo Cano: May 31-Aug. 23.
• Clyde Butcher — Preserving Eden: Sept. 6-Nov. 22.
Rosemary Duffy Larson Gallery, Broward College: 3501 S. Davie Rd., A. Hugh Adams Campus, Davie. 954-201-6894 or www.broward.edu:• Second Nature Group Exhibition: through Oct. 2.
• Annual Faculty Exhibition: Oct. 10-Nov. 13.
• Kathy Bruce & Alastair Noble Exterior Installations: Nov. 14-Oct. 31, 2014.
• Dawn Gettler Installations — Architectural Paper Sculpture: Nov. 21-Jan. 22.
• Annual Adjunct Faculty Exhibition: Jan. 30-Feb. 28.
• Annual Student Exhibition: March 13-April 16.
• Colleen Toledano Ceramic Installations: April 24-June 20.
√Girls’ Club: 117 NE Second St., Fort Lauderdale. 954-828-9151 or girlsclubcollection.org:• Following the Line: through Sept. 30
• I think it’s in my Head: Nov. 10-Sept. 30, 2014.
√Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale/Nova Southeastern University: 1 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. 954-525-5500 or moaflnsu.org:• Against the Grain—Wood in Contemporary Art, Craft, and Design: Oct. 12-Jan. 20.
• Roman Vishniac Rediscovered: Oct. 19-Jan. 4.
• Spirit of Cobra: Nov. 8-May 18.
• Bob Adelman—Civil Rights Era Photography: Jan. 18-May 4.
• William Glackens: Feb. 23-June 1.
√Nova Southeastern University Alvin Sherman Library & Art Gallery: 3100 Ray Ferraro Jr. Blvd., Davie. 954-262-4600 or www.nova.edu:• Nature, Symbolism, Mysticism and Color/A Celebration of Art in Honor of 2013 Hispanic Heritage Month: through Oct. 18.
√Sunrise Civic Center Art Gallery: 10610 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Sunrise. 954-747-4641 or www.sunrisefl.gov:• Messages in Mixed Media-Works by Deborah Gregg and Isabel Perez Salazar: through Oct. 12.
Young At Art Museum: 751 SW 121st Ave., Davie. 954-424-0085 or YoungAtArtMuseum.org:• Zap! Pow! Bam! The Superhero—The Golden Age of Comic Books, 1938-1950: Oct. 12-Jan. 5.
• Counting Backwards Art Exhibition featuring Rory Carracino, Margi Nothard, Andrew Nigon, Jillian Mayer and Samantha Salsinger: Nov. 8-Jan. 1.
• Eighth Annual Young at Art Recycled Fashion Show-Superheroes Restyled: Nov. 15.
• Annual Interest Art Exhibition: Jan. 25-Feb. 21.
• YAA Festival of the Arts and Juried High School/Art Exhibition: April 12.
PALM BEACH ART MUSEUMS, CONSORTIUMS AND INSTITUTIONS
Boca Raton Museum of Art: 501 Plaza Real, Boca Raton. 561-392-2500 or bocamuseum.org:• Southwestern Allure-The Art of the Santa Fe Art Colony: Oct. 8-Dec. 29.
• Nancy Davidson — Let’er Buck: Oct. 8-Dec. 29.
√Florida Atlantic University-Lifelong Learning Complex: 5353 Parkside Dr., Jupiter. 561-799-8530 or www.library.fau.edu/npb/npb.htm:• Rick Newton: The next attempt for life on Earth: through Oct. 15.
√The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens: 4000 Morikami Park Rd., Delray Beach. 561-495-0233 or www.morikami.org:• Breaking Boundaries: Contemporary Street Fashions in Japan: Oct. 8-Feb. 23.
• Contemporary Kôgei Styles in Japan: Oct. 8-Feb. 23.
√ Norton Museum of Art: 1451 S. Olive Ave., West Palm Beach. 561-832-5196 or www.norton.org:• Mickalene Thomas lobby installation: Sept. 17-fall 2014.
• A Masterpiece Rediscovered —Claude-Joseph Vernet’s The Fisherman, 1746: Oct. 10-Dec. 8.
• L.A. Stories —Videos from the West Coast: Nov. 7-Jan. 12.
• The Four Princely Gentlemen —Plum Blossoms, Orchids, Bamboo and Chrysanthemums: Nov. 14-Jan. 26.
• Phyllida Barlow —Hoard: Dec. 3-Feb. 23.
• The Polaroid Years —Instant Photography and Experimentation: Dec. 19-March 23.
• David Webb, Society’s Jeweler: Jan. 16-April 2014.
• To Jane, Love, Andy-Warhol’s First Superstar: Feb. 2-May 25.
• Qing Chic—Chinese Textiles from the 19th to early 20th Century: Feb. 6-May 4.
• Industrial Sublime—Modernism and the Transformation of New York’s Rivers, 1900-1940: March 20-June 22.
• Masterpiece of the Month: May-Oct. 2014.
• Summer Exhibition: June-September 2014. ,
√Palm Beach Photographic Centre: 415 Clematis St., West Palm Beach. 561-253-2600 or www.workshop.org:• The Conflux of Eternities: Historical Discourse in the Work of Kadir López: through Nov. 16.
• An American Presence in Cuba: through Nov. 16.
√Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters: 777 Glades Rd., Boca Raton. 561-297-2661 or www.fau.edu/galleries:• Biennial Faculty Exhibition: through Dec. 7.
• Annual Juried Student Exhibition: March 20-April 5.
• Annual Masters of Fine Art (MFA) Graduates exhibition: April 3-23.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County, ImageMakers Photography Exhibition: March 7-11.
• Deadly Medicine—Creating the Master Race: Dec. 14-Feb. 15.
• Fall Bachelor of Fine Arts Exhibition: Nov. 21-Dec. 14.
• Spring Bachelor of Fine Arts Exhibition: April 17-May 3.
• southXeast: Contemporary Southeastern Art: Nov. 1-April 14.
MIAMI-DADE ART GALLERIES
Adamar Fine Arts Gallery: 4141 NE Second Ave., Suite 107, (Miami Design District), Miami. 305-576-1355 or www.adamargallery.com:
Summer Sensations-Group Show: through Oct. 5.
3 D on and off the Wall: Jeff Pullen and more: Oct. 12-Nov. 30.
Art Basel Show-Everything Pop: Dec. 1-Feb. 1.
Photography in Miami: Feb. 7-April 5.
TBA: April 11-May 31.
√Art Fusion Gallery: 1 NE 40th St., Suites 3, 6 and 7, Miami. 305-573-5730 or www.artfusiongallery.com:• Fusion X—Art Ascension: Oct. 12-Dec. 31.
• Crossing Boundaries: Jan. 11-March 17.
• Essence of Triumph and Color: April 12-June 16.
• Poetic Visions: July 12-Sept. 15, 2014.
• Fusion XI—Global Revelation: Oct. 11-Dec. 15.
ArtSight Gallery: 1524 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables. 305-400-8077:• David S. Valiente—Common Dreams: through Oct. 26.
• Freda Tschumy, sculptor: Nov. 1-Dec. 28.
• Guest artist and Summer Splash competition winner Raul Fernandez and Aimee Perez: Dec. 6-28.
• Barbara O. Davis— Poetry Series: Jan. 3-Feb. 26.
• Dottie Green —Painting from Nature: January 2014.
• Klara Farkas and Georgette Balance—Photos from Africa: Feb. 7-28.
• Marilyn Valiente—Water elements: March 7-April 26.
• Mai Yap: March 2014.
• Adolfo Parrado—Mangroves Series: May 2-June 28.
√David Castillo Gallery: 2234 NW Second Ave., Wynwood. 305-573-8110 or davidcastillogallery.com:• TM Sisters: through Oct. 15.
• Melvin Martinez: Oct. 16-Nov. 30.
• Xaviera Simmons: Dec. 1-Jan. 31.
Cremata Art Gallery: 1646 SW Eighth St., Coral Way. 305-644-3315 or www.facebook.com/kontempoart.• Eat Paint Love: Sept. 26-Dec. 26.
√ Dorsch Gallery: 151 NW 24th St., Wynwood. 305-576-1278 or www.dorschgallery.com:• Victoria Fu: Belle Captive: through Oct. 12.
• Matt Rich: Lookout Parade: through Oct. 12.
• Catherine Czacki / April Street: Oct. 16-Nov. 16.
• There’s Always a First Time—Dave Hardy & Siebren Versteeg: Nov. 23-Dec. 21.
√Dimensions Variable: 171 NE 38th St., Little Haiti. 305-469-3869 or dimensionsvariable.net:• Pyramid Solitaire —Importing/Exporting Attitudes: through Oct. 20.
• Overhead —Kevin Arrow: November-January.
√Gallery Diet: 174 NW 23rd St., Wynwood. 305-571-2288 or www.gallerydiet.com:• Why Is Reality a Word, new works by Allan Graham aka Toadhouse: through Nov. 2.
Locust Projects Gallery: 3852 N. Miami Ave. (Design District), Miami. 305-576-8570 or www.locustprojects.org:• Grid’s World, a collaborative exhibit by five artists: through Oct. 12
• Nicholas Hlobo, Intethe; Project Room: Frances Trombly, Over and Under: Nov. 9-Dec. 20.
√Diana Lowenstein Fine Arts: 2043 N. Miami Ave., Wynwood Art District. 305-576-1804:• Molly Zuckerman-Hartung: through Oct. 31.
• Daniel Gonzalez— Anna Galtarossa: Nov. 9-Dec. 31.
• Uisuk Byeon— Charlotte Squire: Feb. 1-March 30.
• Michael Scoggins—Alex Gingrow: April 5-May 31.
Miami Dade College Homestead Campus: 500 College Ter., Homestead. 305-237-5000 or www.mdc.edu:
South Florida Splendor-Artworks by Luis Nunez: through Oct. 18.
Fresh AIRIE - Artists- in -Residence in the Everglades: Nov. 11-Dec. 13.
Everglades Prep Project: Jan. 24-Feb. 23.
MDC Emerging Artists 2014: April 17-May 23.
Miami Dade College Kendall Campus Gallery at the Martin & Pat fine Center for the Arts: 11011 SW 104th St., Building M, Kendall. 305-237-2000 or www.mdc.edu:
Ceramic Sculpture by Zak Hemsteger: Oct. 10-Nov. 20.
A Quest for Peace: Dec. 5-18.
Jonathan Beer-American Epic: Jan. 16-March 21.
MDC Emerging Artists 2014: April 3-23.
Synergy-Artists in Collaboration: May 8-Sept. 25.
Miami Dade College North Campus: North Gallery, 11380 NW 27th Ave., Building 5 (Lehman Theater Building). 305-237-6000 or www.mdc.edu:
Modus Perlucidus-New Works by Jorge Dager: through Oct. 18.
Horacio Silva-Naturalezas: Oct. 31-Jan. 10.
Veterans Connect-Dr. Wilma Bulkin Siegel’s Portraits and Conversations with veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan: Jan. 22-March 15.
MDC Emerging Artists 2014 Student Exhibition: March 27-April 30.
SEDT presents Aperture 2014: May 15-June 27.
SEDT presents Graphic Design: July 10-Aug. 22.
Miami Dade College West Campus: 3800 NW 115th Ave., Doral. 305-237-8918 or www.mdc.edu:
Recent Acquisitions-The Norma Niurka Collection: Oct. 4-Jan. 17.
Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus: 300 NE Second Ave., Building 1, third floor, Miami. 305-237-3000 or www.mdc.edu:
Cristobal Gonzalez Guzman-Pintor de Caballete: through Nov. 8.
Havana Revisited, An Architectural Heritage: Nov. 18-Feb. 14.
MDC League for Innovation: Feb. 26-March 26.
MDC Emerging Artists 2014: April 9-30.
√Pan American Art Projects: 2450 NW Second Ave., Wynwood. 305-573-2400 or www.panamericanart.com:• Vanitas: through Nov. 23.
• Ted Larsen: Gimcrack & Carolina Sardi: Fairy Tales: Jan. 10-March 2.
• Luis Cruz Azaceta: Up*Side*Down | Luis Enrique Camejo: Miami Cool: April 18-May 25.
Rosenbaum Contemporary: St. Regis Bal Harbour, 9703 Collins Ave., Bal Harbour. 305-864-4968 or www.rosenbaumcontemporary.com:• Simon Procter: through Sept. 30.
Biscayne Nature Center: 6767 Crandon Blvd., Key Biscayne. 305-361-6767 or www.biscaynenaturecenter.org:
The Latest Works of Jacqueline Roch: through Oct. 30.
Larry Poons, abstract painter: Jan. 2014
Dante Fascell Visitor Center Gallery at Biscayne National Park: 9700 SW 328th St., Homestead. 305-230-7275 or www.nps.gov/bisc:• Florida’s Forgotten Reefs, photos by the South Florida Underwater Photography Society: through Nov. 24.
• Nature is Home, Upcycled Mixed Media by Alex Yanes: Dec. 6-Feb. 23.
• Biscayne Bay—Photography from a Canoe, photography by Constance Mier: Feb. 28-June 1.
• Water Colors —Pastels by Tom Weinkle: June 6-Sept. 7.
• Reclaimed—Paintings on Marine Debris: Sept. 12-Nov. 30.
BROWARD ART GALLERIES
√Artists’ Haven Gallery: 2757 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. 954-817-4893 or www.artistshavengallery.com:• Group Exhibition: through Sept. 30.
• Sorin Bica — The Story Teller: through Sept. 30.
• H. Lloyd Weston — Images of Beauty (Art in our Time): Oct. 1-30.
Broward Art Guild Gallery: 3280 NE 32nd St., Fort Lauderdale. 954-537-3370 or www.BrowardArtGuild.org:• Abstractions: through Sept. 27.
• Raining Cats and Dogs: Oct. 2-25.
• Members Anniversary Exhibit —Open Theme: Nov. 8-Dec. 3.
• Small Works: Nov. 29-Dec. 27.
• Broward Art Guild Youth Art Competition & Exhibit: Dec. 6-Jan. 7.
• Winter Exhibit: Jan. 3-24.
Lauderhill Arts Center Gallery: 5450 NW 19th St., Lauderhill. 954-465-0674:• Portals: A Journey into Space and Time by Joan Keirstead: Oct. 1-29.
Timothy Leistner/Artist’s Eye Fine Art Gallery: 38 S. Federal Hwy., #2, Dania Beach. 954-554-3153:• Calder-Crowley-Leistner / the art exhibition: through Oct. 10.
• Behind Our Eyes —United Cerebral Palsy Student Art Exhibition: Oct. 20-30.
• Harvest, a solo exhibition of Timothy Leistner: Nov. 5-30.
• The Fine Art of Timothy Leistner” Jan. 13-Feb. 13.
Lobby Gallery: City Hall, 100 N. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale. 954-828-5000:• Broward Art Guild “Featured Artist” Exhibit: May 2-30.
Miramar Cultural Center/ArtsPark: 2400 Civic Center Place, (Red Road), Miramar. 954-602-4500 or MiramarCulturalCenter.org:• Photography from The Jack Mitchell Collection: through Dec. 31.
St. Lawrence Gallery:
Studio 18 In The Pines: 1101 Poinciana Dr., Pembroke Pines. 954-961-6067:• The Sincerity Project: through Sept. 30.
• Perfect Absence—The Work of Distinct Painters; Asser Saint-Val, Klara Chavarria, JoAnn Nava: Oct. 7-Dec. 2.
• Something Sweet Juried Art Competition; cash prizes awarded: Dec. 9-Jan. 27.
DoubleTree by Hilton: 100 Fairway Dr., Deerfield Beach.• Chibi Pa-Infinity, a Japanese anime and cultural convention; www.chibipa.com: Nov. 22-24.
Art on Park Studios and Gallery:
Az the Wizard Custom Frame Gallery:
Elaine Baker Gallery:
Clay Glass Metal Stone Cooperative Gallery:
Rosenbaum Contemporary: 150 Yamato Rd., Boca Raton. 561-994-9180 or www.rosenbaumcontemporary.com:• Raphael Mazzucco: The American Tour: through Oct. 10.
• Thomas Hartmann —Immediate Geographies, an exhibition of paintings: Oct. 3-Nov. 23.
Join the Discussion
Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.