Get ready for another Sanchez at WSVN-Channel 7.
Robby Sanchez, the fresh-out-of-college 23-year-old son of former WSVN anchorman Rick Sanchez, is following in his dad’s footsteps.
Sanchez, who graduated from Florida International University in December, is set to start his first real job. He’ll work as a news writer at the if-it-bleeds-it-leads station on May 2.
OK, so, mom Suzanne Sanchez admits, Rick’s name probably had a hand in the hiring of his son.
But that’s where things stop being easy for Robby, the second of four Sanchez kids. He’s to report to work at 2 a.m. His shift ends in time for breakfast, at 8 a.m.
“All writers in television start on that shift,” Suzanne says. “That’s what I told him.”
Both Rick and Suzanne worked at WSVN. Rick started as on-air reporter in 1982. He left in 2001 for MSNBC then CNN.
Suzanne was a newsroom assistant for three years, until 1991.
“Both Rick and I are very proud our son is following his father’s footsteps. He’ll have a blast there.”
As for being featured in South Florida’s homes five nights a week, it’s not likely to happen for young Robby. He wants to end up in movie production.
Former Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter has not been particularly forthcoming in the lawsuit brought against him by a Key West bartender who says Carter attacked him Jan. 13 outside the famous Hog’s Breath Saloon.
Carter, 36, is asking a Monroe County court to force plaintiff Skylar Carden into mediation so the two can negotiate a settlement.
Carden’s attorney, Mark DiCowden, told the same court this week the singer of I Want It That Way and As Long As You Love Me is being a pain in the neck.
According to paperwork filed in the case, Carter is accused of ducking the process servers for two months. They finally got him at a Backstreet Boys show March 19 in Chicago.
Since then, Carter has not responded to requests to produce documents and hasn’t made himself available for a deposition.
Carden wants Carter to pay him an undisclosed amount, but there’s been no counteroffer.
By the way, Carter is also facing criminal charges and recently told the criminal court he is changing his initial plea of “not guilty.”
“He is admitting his heinous actions,” DiCowden wrote in a court filing.
Carter’s attorney didn’t return calls for comment.
The confirmation Friday that authorities believe the death of former WWE and porn star Chyna could be a drug overdose was no surprise to folks in Miami Beach who hosted the model when she appeared at the Exxxotica porn convention in 2012.
That weekend, Chyna collapsed and passed out twice in front of fans at the Miami Beach Convention Center and later admitted to Gossip Extra “this whole partying thing” had got out of hand.
The partying included getting drunk, stripping naked before surprised tourists and jumping into the pool at the Catalina Hotel.
Chyna, one of the first superstar female wrestlers, was 45.