Hard to believe, but May is drawing near — and the O, Miami poetry festival is coming to an end. If you haven’t managed to encounter a poem yet for National Poetry Month, here are the final events. For more information or for tickets, visit omiami.org
▪ Miami Zine Fair: Small presses and indie publishers gather for readings, performances and bilingual workshops. Free. 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, YoungArts, 2100 Biscayne Blvd., Miami.
▪ Miami, 1981: Where were you in ’81? Relive those days at a poetry reading with ’80s themed food and cocktails. $20. 7-9 p.m. Monday at The Kampong, 4013 S. Douglas Rd., Miami
▪ Poetry Parcels: Join Aesop Wynwood for the launch of its new location and get a special shopping bag that reads poetry excerpts out loud. Free. 5:30-8 p.m., 2609 NW Second Ave., Miami
▪ Poetry Paella: Eat paella, listen to the works of poet Gerald Stern read by Anne Marie Macari, Major Jackson, and Carlos Pintado (who will also read their own work). Free. 8-10 p.m. Tuesday at The Betsy-South Beach Hotel, 1440 Ocean Dr. RSVP email@example.com.
▪ ZipOdes Contest Finale: Join 20 finalists for a reading and reception, with five winners crowned by presidential inaugural poet Richard Blanco. $5. 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, Vizcaya Museum & Gardens, 3251 S. Miami Ave., Miami.
▪ Piano Slam 7: A classical concert featuring Miami poets. Free but must reserve tickets. 7:30-9:30 p.m. Thursday, Knight Concert Hall at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami.