Broncos activate CB Harris from PUP list

 

The Sports Network

Englewood, CO (SportsNetwork.com) - The Denver Broncos announced Tuesday that cornerback Chris Harris has been removed from the physically unable to perform list.

The Denver Post reported that Harris was given the go-ahead by noted specialist Dr. James Andrews during a checkup in Florida, six months after surgery to repair a damaged left knee.

The Broncos had placed Harris on injured reserve on Jan. 14, one day after an MRI confirmed that he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in that knee during the team's win over San Diego in the AFC divisional playoffs.

Harris emerged as an integral part of the top-seeded Broncos' defense in his third pro season, recording 65 tackles, three interceptions and 13 passes defensed while starting 15-of-16 games prior to last year's playoffs.

Read more Football Wires stories from the Miami Herald

  •  
In this photo taken on Thursday, Sept. 11, 2014, Baltimore Ravens running back Bernard Pierce, center,  runs the ball during a NFL football game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Baltimore. If Pierce keeps this up, he soon might be known as a premier NFL running back. For now, the third-year pro carries this label: The Man Who Replaced Ray Rice.

    Steelers trying to shore up leaky run defense

    Two weeks into his NFL career, Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier is already well-versed in what's troubling a defense that hardly looks like its old self.

  • Mike Sielski: They're 2-0, but Birds offense still isn't clicking

    INDIANAPOLIS - The prettiest pass that Nick Foles threw Monday night traveled in a perfect arc from his right hand to the left corner of the end zone, and although Riley Cooper had Colts defensive back Vontae Davis at his hip, the football still descended into Cooper's hands as if a parachute were attached to it.

  •  
FILE - In this February 2014 file photo, from a still image taken from a hotel security video released by TMZ Sports, Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice drags his fiancee, Janay Palmer, out of an elevator moments after knocking her off her feet, against the elevator's railing at the Revel casino in Atlantic City, N.J. A law enforcement official says he sent a video of Ray Rice punching his then-fiancee to an NFL executive five months ago, while league officers have insisted they didn't see the violent images until this week. The person played The Associated Press a 12-second voicemail from an NFL office number on April 9 confirming the video arrived. A female voice expresses thanks and says: "You're right. It's terrible."

    Program that accepted Rice rare in domestic cases

    The offender-rehabilitation program former Baltimore Raven Ray Rice was allowed into after knocking his fiancee unconscious in an Atlantic City elevator is rarely used in domestic assault cases — but whether that means he got special treatment because of his stardom remains up in the air, depending on whom you ask.

Join the
Discussion

The Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

The Miami Herald uses Facebook's commenting system. You need to log in with a Facebook account in order to comment. If you have questions about commenting with your Facebook account, click here.

Have a news tip? You can send it anonymously. Click here to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald.

Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

  • Marketplace

Today's Circulars

  • Quick Job Search

Enter Keyword(s) Enter City Select a State Select a Category