• Fish anywhere, pay nothing and eat free fried fish in the annual Treasure Trove Fishing Tournament on Saturday at 2933 SE Fifth St., Fort Lauderdale. Proceeds benefit Foundation Fighting Blindness. For more information, call 754-245-6062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Monica Burguera Foundation has teamed with the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary to offer free boating safety classes in both English and Spanish beginning Saturday at the foundation, 3750 W. Flagler St., Miami. For more information, visit mbfBoatingSafety.org or call Henry Cespedes at 305-428-2453, Ext. 2.
• Win $500 for catching the biggest lobster in the Miami Bugging Spiny Lobster Tournament during the annual miniseason July 30-31. Headquarters is Sunset Tavern/Deli Lane, 7230 SW 59th Ave., South Miami. There will be a kids’ division and a photo contest. Call 305-665-0606 or visit Delilane.com.
• Compete in the Tracy K Events Charity Dolphin Tournament on Aug. 9 out of Shake-A-Leg Miami, 2620 S. Bayshore Dr., Coconut Grove. Entry fee is $500 per boat for up to four anglers. Eligible species are dolphin, tuna, wahoo and kingfish. For more information, call 786-429-3193 or visit www.Floridadolphintournament.com.
• Have a lot of fun and contribute to important tarpon research in the Belize Tarpon Tagging Expedition, held Aug. 9-16 and 16-23. Anglers will join UM scientist Jerry Ault and fly-fishing great Stu Apte on the flats of northern Belize to catch, implant satellite tags and release tarpon. For more information, email Adam Marton at email@example.com or call 312-440-1200 or Steve McLaughlin at Front Range Anglers at 303-494-1375.
To our readers
This page is a regular weekly feature focusing on Florida outdoors adventures. Email scocking@MiamiHerald.com.