• Captain Bouncer Smith will conduct a seminar on Bottom fishing from 20 feet to 2,000 feet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, July 10, at Dusky Sportcenter, 110 N. Bryan Rd., Dania Beach. Admission is $15, redeemable for store merchandise. Call 954-922-8890.
• The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will conduct a free bowhunter safety course from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Castellow Hammock Park, 22301 SW 162nd Ave., Miami. Students are encouraged to bring their own bows and arrows. Sign up at MyFWC.com/HunterSafety or call 561-625-5122.
• Fish anywhere, pay nothing and eat free fried fish in the annual Treasure Trove Fishing Tournament on July 19 at 2933 SE Fifth St., Fort Lauderdale. Proceeds benefit Foundation Fighting Blindness. For more information, call 754-245-6062 or email email@example.com.
• Win $500 for catching the biggest lobster during the annual miniseason July 30-31 in the Miami Bugging Spiny Lobster Tournament. Headquarters is Sunset Tavern/Deli Lane, 7230 SW 59th Ave., South Miami. There will be a kids’ division and a photo contest. Call 305-665-0606 or visit Delilane.com.
• Have a lot of fun and contribute to important tarpon research in the Belize Tarpon Tagging Expedition on Aug. 9-16 and Aug. 16-23. Anglers will join UM scientist Jerry Ault and fly-fishing great Stu Apte on the flats of northern Belize to catch, implant satellite tags, and release tarpon. For more information, email Adam Marton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-440-1200 or Steve McLaughlin at Front Range Anglers at 303-494-1375.
To our readers
This page is a regular weekly feature focusing on Florida outdoors adventures. Email scocking@MiamiHerald.com.