Celebrity roundup

RHONJ cast shakeup: Three Bravolebrities from ‘Real Housewives of New Jersey’ are not returning for season six

 

TV news

Shakeup over at The Real Housewives of New Jersey! Bravo announced show staple Jacqueline Laurita is out as is Caroline Manzo, who has a spinoff, Manzo'd With Children. Kathy Wakile will still be a part of the cast, but in a more limited capacity. Three additional cast members have been added. Unknowns. For now. Season six starts up July 13.

Team Coco will continue to play for TBS for four more years. The network says Conan O'Brien will be sticking around with his late-night hour through 2018. Conan premiered on TBS in November 2010.

Host with the most

Rapper-actor Ludacris will host the 2014 Billboard Music Awards. The show will air live on ABC from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Vegas 8 p.m. Sunday. Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus (egad) and Jennifer Lopez will perform.

Minute to minute

This story changes so much it’s truly hard to keep track, but as of late Wednesday, the rumblings were that Beyonce was having her wedding-ring tattoo removed because the ink was fading. Hmm. She was pictured recently with a bandage on her finger.

The New York Daily News says the word on the street is that the reason Solange attacked Jay Z in the elevator of a NYC hotel last week was due to the fact that he made a rude comment about the singer’s friends gatecrashing the Met Gala afterparty at the Standard Hotel and were namedropping the famous rapper’s name to get in. The paper also mentions that Jay Z wanted to continue on to yet another party thrown by Rihanna, but solo, and that did not sit well with Solange, who “appeared drunk and irritated,” according to an insider.

Beyonce and Jay Z are making headlines for another reason this week: They lead in nominations at the BET Awards. The network announced that both performers are nominated for five awards, along with Drake. The BETs air live June 29 from the Nokia Theatre in L.A. The (gossip) world will be watching how the Drunk in Love powerhouse couple interact.

Headache du jour

Justin Bieber is stepping in it again. The singer has been accused of attempted robbery, an LAPD official said, following media reports that he had tried to snatch a young woman's cellphone. Bieber has not been arrested or questioned, said LAPD spokeswoman Rosario Herrera. Detectives have interviewed the victim, who reported the alleged crime.

Stalking nightmare

Kevin Spacey has asked a federal judge to imprison a Boston-area woman convicted of sending electronic messages that threatened to shoot, torture and disembowel the Oscar-winning actor.

The Boston Herald reports Spacey wrote a letter saying that the threats from 55-year-old Linda Louise Culkin, of Quincy, caused “eminent fear,” and asked that she remain in custody and “undertake intense psychiatric treatment.”

Culkin was scheduled to be sentenced earlier this week in Boston, but a judge sent her for a psychiatric evaluation. She pleaded guilty in November to charges including mailing threatening communications, and sending threats and false information regarding explosives.

Read more People stories from the Miami Herald

  • Celebrity birthdays on Aug 20

    Singer Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) is 66. Country singer Rudy Gatlin is 62. Singer-songwriter John Hiatt is 62. Actor-director Peter Horton is 61. Actress Joan Allen is 58. Rock singer Fred Durst (Limp Bizkit) is 44. Actor Misha Collins is 40. Actor Andrew Garfield is 31. Actor Brant Daugherty (“Pretty Little Liars”) is 29. Singer Demi Lovato is 22.

  • Celebrity roundup

    Taylor Swift brushes off country roots with pop album; Kevin Hart engaged; Cindy Crawford removes kids from school due to toxins

    Taylor Swift is saying goodbye to country music for now: The singer says she’s releasing her first full-length pop album on Oct. 27. She revealed in a livestream via Yahoo! that 1989, named for her birth year, is her “first documented official pop album.”

  • The fashion scene

    Style Mafia founder Simonett Pereira: She’s the boss lady

    There’s a new mob boss in the 305. The name? Style Mafia — and out-of-the-box fashion is the game. The brainchild of 23-year-old Simonett Pereira, the Miami-gal-by-way-of-Venezuela’s collection is sold online and in her Wynwood-based showroom.

Miami Herald

Join the
Discussion

The Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

The Miami Herald uses Facebook's commenting system. You need to log in with a Facebook account in order to comment. If you have questions about commenting with your Facebook account, click here.

Have a news tip? You can send it anonymously. Click here to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald.

Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

  • Marketplace

Today's Circulars

  • Quick Job Search

Enter Keyword(s) Enter City Select a State Select a Category