• The “Save Our Canals” Open Team Tournament will be held May 3 at Everglades Holiday Park in West Broward. Entry fee is $50 per team. Weigh-in is at 2 p.m. Call Al Ovies at 786-325-2934.
• Join television fishing show host George Poveromo for the Mako Owners/Bass Pro Shops Fishing Funament May 15-17 in Dania Beach. Fish inshore, offshore and nearshore for fun and prizes. Entry fee is $100 per boat. To register, visit www.funaments.com.
• Help rid the Everglades of exotic fish in the fifth annual Everglades Nonnative Fish Round-up May 17. Prizes will be awarded in various categories. Weigh-in stations will be set up at Miccosukee Arches, SW 8th Street and SW 172 Ave., Miami-Dade County; University of Florida, 3205 College Ave., Davie; and Conservancy of Southwest Florida, 1495 Smith Preserve Way, Naples. To register and receive more informatin, go to: http://www.evergladescisma.org/roundup/. Registration deadline is 9 p.m. on May 15.
• Women anglers are invited to compete in the 29th annual Ladies Fishoff May 29-June 1 in Pompano Beach. Prize categories include billfish and funfish (blackfin tuna, cobia, dolphin. kingfish, and wahoo. A kick-off party will be held at Galuppi’s Restaurant in Pompano Beach on May 29. Anglers may fish out of Port Everglades or Hillsboro Inlets. Weigh-ins are at Alsdorf Park in Pompano Beach. For more information, visit www.ladiesfishoff.com.
• Make plans to compete in the 12th annual Palm Beach County KDW Classic May 31 at Riviera Beach Marina sponsored by the West Palm Beach Fishing Club. Over $30,000 in cash will be awarded for catching kingfish, wahoo and dolphin. Registration fee is $175 per angler before May 22; $275 after May 22. Visit www.kdwclassic.com or call 561-832-6780.
To our readers
This page is a regular weekly feature focusing on Florida outdoors adventures. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.