• The South Florida Freedivers Club meets Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at Bougainvillea’s Old Florida Tavern, 7221 SW 58th Ave., South Miami. Club members will present dive videos. Visit www.southfloridafreedivers
• The Happy Hoofers chapter of the Florida Trail Association will meet Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at Fern Forest Nature Center, 201 Lyons Rd. South, Coconut Creek. Guest speaker is Michael Davis of Keith & Schnars PA on restoring America’s Everglades. For more information, call Lynn Thompson at 954-850-3668.
• Bass Busters Florida will hold silver and gold division tournaments Saturday and Sunday on Lake Okeechobee at Clewiston. Team entry is $60 for the silver division; $100 for the gold. Fishing hours are safe light to 3 p.m. both days out of Roland Martin’s Marine Center. Visit www.bassbustersflorida.com.
• Celebrate International Migratory Bird Day on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Tropical Audubon Society, 5530 Sunset Dr., South Miami. Activities include bird watching, talks by celebrity birders, and interactive games and prizes and are free and open to the public. Call 305-667-7337.
• Biscayne National Park presents wildlife photography by Constance Mier from a canoe on display at its gallery in the Dante Fascell Visitor Center, 9700 SW 328 St. near Homestead, from March 16-June 1. A free meet-the-artist reception will be held Sunday from 6 to 8 p.m. For more information, visit www.nps.gov/bisc or call ranger Gary Bremen at 305-230-1144, ext. 007.
• U.S. Coast Guard Flotilla 6-11 will conduct a “Love A Life Vest” workshop March 21 from 5 to 8 p.m. at Miami Children’s Museum, 980 MacArthur Causeway, Miami. Children will learn the importance of wearing a life vest at sea and will be able to meet Officer Snook and local Coast Guard personnel. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Everglades National Park will host Junior Ranger Day on March 22 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at its Homestead and Shark Valley entrances. Activities, targeted to children and families, include a free tram ride at Shark Valley. Space is limited; call 305-242-7753 for reservations.
• Capt. Bouncer Smith will talk about mahi, sailfish and tuna March 27 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Dusky Sport Center, 110 N. Bryan Rd., Dania Beach. Admission is $15, redeemable for store merchandise. Call 954-922-8890.
• U.S. Coast Guard Flotilla 6-11 will present a boating skills and seamanship course beginning March 26 through April 30 at El Capitan Marine and Fishing Center, 14121 S. Dixie Highway, Palmetto Bay. Call George Zima at 305-491-0810 or email email@example.com.
• Women who want to learn how to fish in saltwater are invited to attend the popular “Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing!” seminar April 11-13 at I.T. Parker Community Center, 901 NE 3rd St., Dania Beach. For more information, visit ladiesletsgofishing.com or call 954-475-9068.
To our readers
This page is a regular weekly feature focusing on Florida outdoors adventures. Email scocking@MiamiHerald.com.