Restaurants

New restaurants coming to South Beach, Brickell

 
 
Ceviche 105 is planning to open a location in the former Kim’s Chinese Restaurant at 1245 Lincoln Rd. in Miami Beach.
Ceviche 105 is planning to open a location in the former Kim’s Chinese Restaurant at 1245 Lincoln Rd. in Miami Beach.
Flickr / ponceypix

ebenn@MiamiHerald.com

South Beach and Brickell — two of Miami-Dade’s most restaurant-happy neighborhoods — are getting ready to welcome new three new places to eat.

In order of anticipated opening:

The Downstairs at Hotel Astor will give things a whirl when it opens Friday on the lower level of the Art Deco hotel at 956 Washington Ave. The space, which most recently housed the pop-up cocktail lounge Drinking Room, will serve food from chef Chad Ford, formerly of DeVito’s South Beach. Expect “modern American fare with a European accent,” a spokeswoman said.

Porcao swears it’s not crying wolf with its latest planned opening in early April. The “farm-to-grill” eatery and lounge downtown at 901 S. Miami Ave. had threatened to open in September, then October, then November, then ... you get the idea. Even by typical restaurant-delay standards, Porcao’s production has been especially protracted, including parting ways with original preopening chef Steve Permaul last summer. “We’ve been waiting for this day for months, and I’m thrilled that it is finally here,” said executive chef Jeff O’Neill, most recently of the Villa by Barton G. The new Porcao has no relation to the former Porcao Churrascaria on Brickell Key. It does, however, feature a meat-heavy menu that includes a $24 Kao Girl Box Steak, which promotional materials describe as being “female-friendly.”

Ceviche 105 (or Cvi.Che 105, as chef-owners Juan Chipoco and Luis Hoyos prefer) is said to be moving in to the former Kim’s Chinese space at 1245 Lincoln Rd., next door to Haven. Help-wanted signs in the windows say an “upscale Peruvian” restaurant is in the works. The inside appears to have at least a few months of work ahead before it’s ready for the masses. The space has been vacant since Kim’s closed in 2012 after more than four decades; there were short-lived rumors last year of an outpost of Govind Armstrong’s 8 Oz. Burger Bar moving in.

Read more Miami-Dade Dining stories from the Miami Herald

Miami Herald

Join the
Discussion

The Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

The Miami Herald uses Facebook's commenting system. You need to log in with a Facebook account in order to comment. If you have questions about commenting with your Facebook account, click here.

Have a news tip? You can send it anonymously. Click here to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald.

Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

  • Marketplace

Today's Circulars

  • Quick Job Search

Enter Keyword(s) Enter City Select a State Select a Category