Rok:Brgr, 5800 SW 73rd St., South Miami, hosts a Sixpoint Brewery beer dinner at 8 p.m. Wednesday. Executive chef Robbyns Martinez will discuss with guests how he paired the Brooklyn brewery’s wares with his four-course menu.
Guests may choose from two options for each course: ceviche or tuna tartar (Bengali Tiger), spicy-crispy pork belly or curry chicken satay (Resin, Mad Scientist #18), bison or bacon burger (Sweet Action, Crisp Lager) and Key lime or apple pie (Hi-Res).
Cost is $55, with reservations required at 305-663-6099.
Three South Florida contenders — BC Tacos, Box of Chacos and Jefe’s Original Fish Taco and Burger — are among the 15 nationwide vying for the title of taco truck of the year. Vote for your favorite by March 14 at mobile-cuisine.com.
Deals & doings
• RA Sushi locations in South Miami and Pembroke Pines will give the American Heart Association $3 for every Red Dress Martini ($9) and Red Heart Roll ($12) sold through Friday; rasushi.com.
• Bâoli, 1906 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, is adding an omakase-style dining option for the month of March with a multi-course menu customized for each guest by executive chef Gustavo Vertone for $120-$170; 305-674-8822.
• Café Mistral, 110 Washington Ave., Miami Beach, is offering a half-off wine deal to Tuesday night dinner patrons; 305-763-8184.
New & noteworthy
• Sergio’s Family Restaurants is offering new features including full bar service with local craft beers and drive-through service at its new location, 1640 NW 87th Ave., Doral; 305-639-8960.
• Yard House opens a new location Thursday at 1681 Lenox Ave., Miami Beach, boasting 140 draft beers, seating for 300 and lunch, dinner and late-night service daily; yardhouse.com.
Eat well, do good
• Chef Michelle Bernstein is the honorary chair and judge for Delish 2014: Fire & Ice, a fundraiser for ARC Broward, which provides services to developmentally disabled children and adults. The 7-10 p.m. March 7 event at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort will include food tastings and cocktails. Tickets are $125 at 954-746-9400 or arcbroward.com.
• The 21st Feast With the Beasts, a fundraiser for the Zoological Society of Florida and Zoo Miami, takes place from 8 p.m. to midnight March 7 at the zoo. There will be tastings from 40 restaurants and caterers, an open bar and wild animal encounters. Tickets are $175, $225 VIP, at fwtb.org or 305-255-5551.
• The 15th annual Around the World Dinner, which benefits Miami-Dade County Public Schools’ Academy of Hospitality & Tourism, takes place April 5 at Johnson & Wales University’s North Miami campus. Chef Ralph Pagano will host the Italian-themed evening. Tickets are $125; 305-693-3030.
• Miami Dade College’s Miami Culinary Institute has launched a new series of classes for home cooks on subjects ranging from cake baking to date-night cuisine for couples. A complete list is at http://bit.ly/1jcJViN.
• The Local House, 400 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach, hosts a “Trendy Hour” from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday with happy-hour drinks and shopping in the Trendy Truck mobile boutique; trendytrucks.com.
Compiled by Food Editor Kathy Martin. Send news to kmartin@MiamiHerald.com by noon Monday for consideration in next week’s column.