• Rosa Mexicano is offering a Super Bowl Guac-to-Go Party Pack, complete with house-made tortillas and corn chips, for prices ranging from $25 (serves five) to $100 (serves 20). Orders must be placed by 5 p.m. Friday, and can be be picked up between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. Sunday, with delivery available in some areas. Call 786-425-1001 (Brickell) or 305-695-1005 (Miami Beach), or order at rosamexicano.com.
• The Forge, 432 41st St., Miami Beach, has put together a gourmet “tailgate” basket — chicken wings, pulled-pork sliders, shrimp cocktail, blue cheese-stuffed filet mignon plus four sides and three desserts — that feeds four for $192. Orders must be placed by 6:30 p.m. Thursday, with pickup beginning at 2 p.m. Sunday; 305-538-8533.
• Shake Shack, with locations in Miami Beach and Coral Gables, is offering a Two-Pint Conversion special through Sunday: Buy a pint of frozen custard ($5.95) and second one free; shakeshack.com.
Lunar New Year
Hakkasan at the Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, welcomes the Year of the Horse with a family-style, prix-fixe dinner through Saturday for $128 per person (two-person minimum). Festivities include a dragon dance at 9:30 each evening; 877-326-7412.
Johnson & Wales University, 1701 NE 127th St., North Miami, welcomes alum Vishwesh Bhatt of the City Grocery Restaurant Group in Oxford, Miss., at 7 p.m. Friday for its Distinguished Visiting Chef dinner series. Cost of the multi-course meal with Southern and Indian accents prepared by Bhatt and J&W culinary students is $85. Reservations are required at 305-892-7578.
• Barry Alberts’ Wines for Valentines tasting is set for 6:30-9 p.m. Thursday at the Woman's Club, 2985 S. Bayshore Dr., Coconut Grove. Cost for the event, which features more than 20 still and sparkling wines plus appetizers, cheeses and chocolates, is $25, with reservations requested at 305-446-2909.
• Whole Foods, 810 N. University Dr., Coral Springs, hosts its Seventh Annual Beer Off at 2 p.m. Saturday. Beer enthusiasts 21 and older can try a free, side-by-side taste test of eight craft brews in four categories, casting their votes to determine the champs. Registration is required, and participants are asked to bring a nonperishable food item to donate; 954-753-8000.
Evan S. Benn
• Bourbon Steak at Turnberry Isle, 19999 W. Country Club Dr., Aventura, hosts a mixology class from 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesday with bartender Rafael Vazquez. Cost is $49, and includes a 20 percent discount on you meal if you stay for dinner; 786-279-6600.
Promoters of Once, the Tony-winning Broadway musical that plays the Adrienne Arsht Center Tuesday through Feb. 9, are sending singer Brendan O’Hara to Mary Brickell Village from 7 to 8 p.m. Thursday to serenade diners outside Toscana Divino, 901 S. Miami Ave., Miami. The event doubles as a promotion for the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau’s Miami Romance Month; miamiromancemonth.com.
• D’Angelo Pizza, Wine Bar and Tapas, 1370 Weston Rd., Weston, celebrates its first anniversary through Friday with four-course tapas-style dinner menu for $40 including a glass of wine. A “4 S” lunch menu — slider, salad, soup and soft drink — is $15; 954-306-0037.
• Café Mistral, 110 Washington Ave., Miami Beach, is touting its Fruban ($12), a French-accented Cuban sandwich with Madrange ham, imported Swiss cheese and mojo-marinated pork on a baguette with whole grain mustard and cornichon; 305-763-8184.
• Mondrian South Beach, 1100 West Ave., Miami Beach, is offering local residents a 15 percent discount on dinner tables and free valet parking nightly; 305-514-1940.
• Univision chef Maggie Jiménez presents a free cooking demonstration from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday at Winn-Dixie, 11241 SW 40th St., Miami, on behalf of Kraft Foods.
• Shake-A-Leg Miami, 2620 S. Bayshore Dr., Coconut Grove, hosts a brunch at 11:30 a.m. Sunday to benefit its youth sailing programs. Suggested donation is $25, with RSVPs requested to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Spris pizza has opened a Midtown location at 3201 N. Miami Ave., Miami (next to Lime).
Compiled by Food Editor Kathy Martin. Send news to kmartin@MiamiHerald.com by noon Monday for consideration in next week’s column.