South Floridas weather is frightful the 40s can do that to someone who lives here. So how do you warm up?
Here are a few ways you can stay caliente in Miami:
1. Head to an ice cream parlor to have hot chocolate. Jaxson's in Dania Beach promotes the hot stuff on social media during cold snaps.
2. Wake up a little bit earlier Thursday morning. Instead of grabbing a cafecito at the window or drive-through, take a seat inside a heated restaurant.
3. Put your dead Christmas trees to use have a bonfire! Teens have gone crazy with this trend, why not the rest of South Florida? That Christmas tree rotting away in your driveway sure wont mind. Fill up your fire pit with a few manageable portions of branches, set a lighter to it, roast some smores, and voila!
4. Do it the Miami way: That hair dryer that keeps the frizz away might come in handy as an impromptu heater. You never know unless you try!
5. How else would you beat the Miami cold without supporting the Miami Heat? Watch the Lakers at Heat Thursday night at 8 p.m. Hopefully their heat transfers over and ends the cold snap in Miami.