BRADENTON -- A veterinary clinic in Bradenton was evacuated shortly after noon Sunday as a precaution after employees feared a dog had been exposed to chemicals.
The dog arrived at DeSoto Animal Clinic from Manatee Animal Service to get treatment. Clinic employees called Bradenton Fire Department when they believed the dog had some type of chemical on it based on its odor, according to a Bradenton Police Department report.
No hazardous chemicals were discovered and employees were allowed back into the building after it aired out.
There were no injuries.