1. Farmers are monitoring their crops for damage after overnight temperatures dipped into the 30s in parts of South Florida. Highs on Thursday will be in the 60s.
2. Just because Greg Oden played in a game for the first time in four years this week doesn’t mean he’s going to be a regular in the Miami Heat’s rotation from now until the playoffs. The Heat will play the 76ers in Philadelphia at 7 p.m. Friday, which will be broadcast on Sun Sports.
3. With flu season and cold weather making its way to South Florida, the Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County is urging pregnant women to get the flu vaccine to avoid complications from influenza that are on the rise.
4. Art Deco Weekend returns to South Beach on Friday, with vintage exhibits, tours, music and food.
5. Miami Lakes will look into ways to set up its own ZIP Code in the coming months, which could help lower car insurance costs. The town was denied their request for a separate ZIP Code by the Postal Service on Dec. 16.