Soren Bredahl, a Danish chef whose South Florida resume reaches back to the 1960s at restaurants including Soren’s Café, Prince Hamlet, Food Among the Flowers and Two Chefs (which continues under his former partner, Jan Jorgensen), has decided that retirement in the old country isn’t for him after all.
Bredahl has teamed with former sous chef Jorge Montes to revive Food Among the Flowers, a long-ago Design District destination, at 9427 Harding Ave., Surfside. They’re serving lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday, with a $21 sunset menu available from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
The bistro-style menu includes herb-roasted chicken breast with cheese grits, garlic kale and onion confit ($22) and braised short rib with mushroom risotto and Bing cherry ragout ($28); 305-866-6676, sorensfoodamongtheflowers.com.
The Redland Riot Road Rallye, Rob Burr’s annual motor tour of South Miami-Dade farm country, revs up at 10 a.m. Saturday at Cauley Square, U.S. 1 and Southwest 224th Street. Cost is $10; redlandriot.com.
Beers to you
It’s Craft Beer Week Saturday through Jan. 25 at OTC, 1250 S. Miami Ave., Miami, with brews tapped fresh daily including Funky Buddha Hop Gun, Cigar City Puppy’s Breathe on Nitro and Wynwood Brewery El Dorado.
The 4-8 p.m. weekday happy hour will feature six craft tap selections and half-price bar bites; 305-374-4612.
Deals & doings
• Harry’s Pizzeria, 3918 N. Miami Ave., Miami, hosts a pop-up dinner at 7 p.m. Tuesday with Boston’s Ken Oringer and Jamie Bissonnette. Tickets for the four-course meal are $150 at harryspizzeria.com/fun.
• River Seafood & Oyster Bar, 650 S. Miami Ave., Miami, launches 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Sunday brunch service this weekend; 305-530-1915.
• Oceanaire Seafood Room, 900 S. Miami Ave., Miami, begins noon-4 p.m. Sunday brunch service this weekend; 305-372-8862.
• Devon Seafood + Steak, 11715 Sherri Ln., Kendall, invites customers to sign up for an email promotion that alerts them to a $16 dinner-entree special each Tuesday; devonseafood.com.
• Chef-owner Rocco Carulli plans a 6 p.m. Thursday opening for R House, at restaurant, lounge and art space at 2727 NW Second Ave., Miami; 305-576-0240, rhousewynwood.com.
• Aroma Espresso Bar has opened its fifth Florida location at 2491 NE 186th St., Miami Gardens; 305-312-6216.
• Chef Sandra Stefani leads a three-dish cooking class at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at her Open Kitchen by Pure Simple Cooking, 1071 95th St., Bay Harbor Islands. The $65 cost includes dinner and wine. Reserve by Monday at 305-865-0090.
• Whole Foods Market, 21105 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura, invites kids to a free pizza-making class from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday; 305-933-1543.
• South Florida Pollo Tropical restaurants invite customers to drop off unneeded mobile phones for donation to a battered-women’s charity on Tuesday in exchange for a free wrap. The phones don’t have to work but do need a battery; pollotropical.com.
Compiled by Food Editor Kathy Martin. Send news to kmartin@MiamiHerald.com by noon Monday for consideration in next week’s column.