1. Loehmann’s, the discount retailer that traces its roots back more than 90 years, says it will begin liquidating inventory. Stores nationwide, including three in South Florida in Aventura, Midtown and Kendall, will begin selling out merchandise Thursday.
2. The MacArthur Causeway/I-395 will be a place to avoid Thursday night as workers install signage for the new PortMiami tunnel. One bridge lane will close at 10 p.m. and a full closure of MacArthur Causeway bridge will begin at 1 a.m. and last until 5 a.m.
3. Jimmy Buffett and Gloria Estefan, music stars who got a big boost from the floating stage at the Miami Marine Stadium will join up Thursday in support of the campaign to save the long-shuttered architectural and cultural treasure.
4. The University of Miami Hurricanes won their first conference game of the season as they held off two late rallies to beat the North Carolina Tar Heels in men’s basketball for the fourth time in a row.
5. South Florida saw a rainy start to Thursday. Rain chance the rest of the day is 50 percent. The good news? Temperatures are climbing back up to near 80. Overnight lows will be around 70.