• Impact player: Dolphins wide receiver Brian Hartline, team leader in yards, catches and yards per catch, caught two passes for 38 yards, but left the game with a left knee injury after his 25-yard catch.
• Highlights: A three-and-out on the Jets’ first possession. A successful challenge of a third-down spot that gave the Dolphins a first down at their own 48 instead of fourth down. The 25-yard completion to Hartline started the drive for Miami’s only score.
• Lowlights: Two field-position blunders — punter Brandon Fields’ 18-yard shank and Jimmy Wilson beating a punt downfield, but letting it bounce by him into the end zone.
• Impact player: Jets quarterback Geno Smith had been awful his first three quarters this year against the Dolphins. Then he went 8 of 11 for 102 yards and ran for a 7-yard touchdown.
• Highlights: Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill adjusted to a blitz to hit Mike Wallace with a 5-yard touchdown pass top give the Dolphins a 7-0 lead. An unblocked Koa Misi stopped Bilal Powell for a loss of 1 on third-and-1.
• Lowlights: The final three possessions of the half — a 71-yard Jets touchdown drive; a Dolphins three-and-out with a drop and uncalled pass interference; an 80-yard Jets touchdown drive with Smith scoring on a quarterback draw through linebacker Daniel Ellerbe.
• Impact player: Jets cornerback Dee Milliner, benched against the Dolphins in the first game, knocked away a potential touchdown pass to Wallace, then, the next play, intercepted a pass for Wallace to end a scoring threat.
• Highlights: No first downs on the Jets’ first two possessions. Before the interception, Tannehill seemed to be finding something of a rhythm.
• Lowlights: Going for it on fourth-and-1 from the Dolphins’ 47 was questionable. The fullback Charles Clay dive call was pedestrian. Wallace looked like he slipped on the Milliner interception. Nolan Carroll got turned around by Kellen Winslow Jr. on a 34-yard catch-and-run.
• Impact player: Tannehill threw two interceptions in the final 4:18 — one that led to a Jets’ field goal and one at the Jets’ 12 that was the Dolphins’ last offensive play of the season.
• Highlights: Nick Folk missed a 36-yard field goal to help keep the Dolphins in the game, down 14-7 with 12:46 left. Not that it did the Dolphins much good.
• Lowlights: A third-and-1 hitch pass to Wallace lost 4. The Powell drive — five runs, 28 yards, one pass completed for 30 yards — got the Jets a field goal and 17-7 lead. Both the interception by Ed Reed and by Milliner were bad throws by Tannehill.