1. The Miami Dolphins are the talk of the town — and seem to be in control of their own playoff destiny in the last few weeks of the football season with the big win over the Patriots.
2. Miami Heat players must feel like homebodies with a stretch of games this week at AmericanAirlines Arena. Players are enjoying extended time with family and trying to avoid distractions. On Monday night, the Utah Jazz comes to town.
3. Oh, no ... my phone! Florida ranks second on the 2013 Clumsiest States index based on how many mobile devices we drop, drown, crack and crush.
4. Unemployed Floridians are frustrated as they attempt to get benefits on a new $63 million state website called CONNECT. But with technical glitches, getting benefits has been impossible as thousands of complaints have flooded the governor’s office.
5. The workweek in South Florida got off to a cool start in the 60s. Forecasters expect a breezy day with highs near 80 and lows around 60.