• Impact player: New England running back LaGarrette Blount ran for 25 yards on five carries, caught one pass for 6 yards and fueled the Patriots initial scoring drive.
• Highlights: Punter Brandon Fields kept the Patriots’ field long with a 51-yard punt and another punt that started the Patriots at their 13. The red zone defense kept the Patriots out of the end zone, although helped by a drop.
• Lowlights: The Dolphins allowed three third down conversions on New England’s field goal drive. It looked like easy sledding for the Patriots on their first possession, a 74-yard touchdown drive. Once again, the Dolphins offense couldn’t finish a drive in the end zone once in the red zone.
• Impact player: Dolphins wide receiver Mike Wallace had three catches — drive starting 16-yard and 22-yard catches, and a 39-yard catch-and-run touchdown that cut the Patriots lead to 10-7 at the half.
• Highlights: Needing a score before halftime, the Dolphins went 82 yards in 1:06 to Wallace’s touchdown. Jimmy Wilson chased down and slapped at a 52-yard punt to push it out at the Patriots 2.
• Lowlights: Three sacks allowed. Long snapper John Denney snapped a field goal attempt before holder Brandon Fields was ready and off Fields’ head. New England responded with the drive to the Michael Hoomanawanui’s one-handed touchdown catch.
• Impact player: Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill went 6 for 7 for 73 yards in directing two scoring drives (the touchdown on the second came on the first play of the fourth quarter).
• Highlights: Tannehill really started to get it going with Brian Hartline, hitting him three times for 51 yards. Caleb Sturgis tied thescore at 0-10 with a 32-yard field goal after Steven Gostkowski missed a 48-yard field goal. Cameron Wake ended the Patriots’ second possession with the day’s only sack of Tom Brady.
• Lowlights: Not much, unless you want to complain that the Dolphins got to the Patriots’ 14 and couldn’t finish the drive in the end zone, instead settling for a game-tying field goal.
• Impact player: Dolphins reserve cornerback Michael Thomas knocked the potential game-winning touchdown out of wide receiver Danny Amendola’s hands, then intercepted Tom Brady on fourth and goal to end the final Patriots threat.
• Highlights: The 60-yard drive to Marcus Thigpen’s 14-yard touchdown catch gave the Dolphins the lead, 24-20, including Charles Clay hopping and muscling past tacklers to convert a fourth and 6.
• Lowlights: Julian Edelman’s 24-yard catch-and-run touchdown featured a flag football tackle attempt by Jimmy Wilson. The Dolphins allowed a fourth-and-8 conversion from the New England 33 on that drive.