After seven years in New York City, the Kosher Food & Wine Experience is taking its act on the road to South Florida.
More than a dozen kosher restaurants and caterers plus 30 wineries will be on hand with samples from 7 to 10:30 p.m. Wednesday at Gulfstream Park’s Sport of Kings Theater, 901 S. Federal Hwy., Hallandale Beach.
Tickets are $150, with 6 p.m. VIP admission available for $200. Co-sponsored by he Israeli Wine Producers Association, the event is a fundraiser for the Women’s International Zionist Organization of Florida; wizofl.org/kfwemiami.
Imbibe & dine
• Chefs Miguel Aguilar of WKB and Andrew Gerson of Brooklyn Brewery collaborate on a Slow Supper at Wynwood Walls, 2550 NW Second Ave., at 7 p.m. Thursday to benefit Slow Food Miami. Tickets are $80 at brooklynbrewerymash/miami, where you’ll find details about other Brooklyn Brewery Mash events in Miami through Sunday.
• Steak 954, 401 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, hosts a Buehler Estate Winery dinner at 7 p.m. Thursday with special guest Helen Buehler. The five-course menu stars yellowfin tuna steak and lamb chops with watercress and lamb bacon. Tickets are $100 at 954-414-8333.
• Meat Market, 915 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach, is teaming with Mount Gay Rum to host a four-course cocktail dinner at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. The protein-intensive feast will feature barbecue-braised lamb spare ribs, wood-grilled quail and bacon-wrapped waygu beef shoulder. Tickets are $75; 305-532-0088.
• Scarpetta at the Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, is offering a four-course, $65 dinner menu with entree choice of fish, chicken, pork shank or, for another $10, sirloin steak. It’s available Thursday and again Sunday through Dec. 19. Wine pairings are $45; 877-326-7412.
For a good cause
The Palms at Town & Country, 8268 Mills Dr., Kendall, hosts a restaurant crawl from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday to benefit the American Cancer Society and West Kendall Relay for Life. Tickets ($10 in advance, $15 at the door) buy you bites from mall restaurants including Devon Seafood + Steak, Voodoo BBQ & Grill, Corner Bakery Café, Cadillac Ranch, Carmine’s La Trattoria, Haagen-Dazs, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Blue Martini and World of Beer; 786-467-3404.
• Berry Alberts hosts a holiday tasting of three dozen champagnes and sparkling wines from 7 to 9:30 p.m. Friday at the Coconut Grove Women’s club, 2985 S. Bayshore Dr.. A portion of the $35 admission fee will benefit the club; 305-446-2909.
• Celebrity chef Bobby Flay’s Bobby’s Burger Palace is open for business at Dadeland Mall, 7535 North Kendall Dr., Kendall; bobbysburgerpalace.com.
• Bar Crudo, 40 South Pointe Dr., Miami Beach, has changed its hours to 5 p.m.-midnight Tuesday-Sunday; 305-763-8508.
Compiled by Food Editor Kathy Martin. Send news to kmartin@MiamiHerald.com by noon Monday for consideration in next week’s column.