WWE (NYSE:WWE) announced that the 2013 Slammy Awards on “WWE Monday Night Raw” on Dec. 9 set a record with 1.64 million votes via the WWE app, an increase of 180 percent from last year’s record-setting awards show.
The winners of the 2013 Slammy Awards include:
· Superstar of the Year - Daniel Bryan
· Diva of the Year - The Bellas
· Double-Cross of the Year - Guest ref Shawn Michaels superkicks Daniel Bryan at WWE Hell In a Cell in Miami
· Match of the Year - The Rock vs. John Cena at WrestleMania 29
· Insult of the Year - Stephanie McMahon
· LOL Moment of the Year - The Rock Concert at Raw 20th Anniversary
· Fan Participation Award - Yes! Yes! Yes!
· Extreme moment of the Year - CM Punk on Paul Heyman at WWE Hell In a Cell in Miami
To view highlights from last night’s awards, go to www.WWE.com.
• WWE TLC pay-per-view is Sunday, Dec. 15. Unification title match: WWE champ Randy Orton vs. World champ John Cena.
• WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience.
WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming is broadcast in more than 150 countries and 30 languages and reaches more than 650 million homes worldwide. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Miami, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Munich and Tokyo.