1. The Canes are heading back to a bowl. University of Miami football team will face the Louisville Cardinals Dec. 28 in the Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando.
2. Attention, Monday commuters: The new southbound State Road 826 ramp to westbound State Road 836 ramp did not open Sunday as planned because of the recent rain, according to the Florida Department of Transportation. The opening will likely be mid-week.
3. The latest phase of Miami’s attempt to clean up downtown and make it more inviting is a “priority pedestrian zone.” For years, the downtown areas was a danger zone closed after dark. Now it’s teeming with residents and visitors.
4. Building experts are expected to attend a meeting at Florida International University in West Miami-Dade on how to build bridges faster and better.
5. South Florida remains the warmest spot in the country Monday, with morning isolated showers and mostly sunny beyond. Highs will be in the mid-80s, lows in the low-70s. Chance of rain: 10 to 20 percent..