• SIME MIA: Not your typical business conference, this two-day digital business event features more than 40 international speakers and some fun twists and only-in-Miami surprises Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 3-4, at New World Center and The LAB Miami. Tickets required. Info: http://www.simemia.co
• COMPUTERS AND NETWORKS AND BACKUPS, OH MY!: SCORE Miami-Dade presents this new workshop on how to choose the right hardware and software for your business, 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 5, at Miami Dade College InterAmerican Campus, Room 1375, 627 SW 27th Ave., $30 in advance. Info: miamidade.score.org
• BRAINFOOD: “The Art of Business Culture” features Matt Haggman of the Knight Foundation; Peter Kellner of Richmond Global and Endeavor; and Jason Korman and Hugh MacLeod of Gapingvoid, 7 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 5 a,t The Lab Miami. $50. Register at: http://brainfoodwithpeter.eventbrite.com
• MOBILE CONTENT AND APPS LATAM 2013: This conference Thursday and Friday Dec. 5-6 at Hilton Miami Downtown features 30 speakers in mobile tech in Latin America. Tickets required. Info: mobilecontentlatam.com
• CREATIVE MORNINGS: This monthly event features Denise Jacobs, speaker, writer and creativity evangelist, who will talk on “White Space Creativity.” Creative Mornings will meet at 8:30 a.m. Friday by the InterContinental Miami outdoor pool. Info: creativemornings.com/talks/denise-jacobs
• OUR CITY THOUGHTS LAUNCH: Come find out about a new digital platform showcasing South Florida’s inspiring stories at its launch party at 8 p.m. Friday Dec. 6 at The LAB Miami’s new IdeaGarden. Info and to register: http://www.ourcitythoughts.org/ (wait list at press times)
Find more startup news and views, including posts about the launch of the Musingo app, Wist's launch in Miami and information about applying for the $50,000 Cade Prize, on Starting Gate on MiamiHerald.com/business.
Nancy Dahlberg @ndahlberg