1. Wednesday is the first night of Hanukkah, a festive Jewish holiday of candle-lighting and gift-giving served up with potato pancakes and doughnuts.. The holiday’s first day Thursday converges with Thanksgiving to make what some are calling Thanksgivvikah.
2. Animal Services in Miami-Dade is looking for the owners of a lost dog. But not just any dog. This dog is paralyzed and walks with the aid of a wheelchair-like device.
3. Wednesday is the day to hit the bank, the post office, the library. On Thursday, government will shut down for the holiday. A look at what’s open and closed in South Florida is here.
4. Gloria and Emilio Estefan are offering up Bongos and turkey this Thanksgiving to homeless and other families in need. For the sixth year in a row, the musical duo will open their Bongos Cuban Cafe for a holiday feast in partnership with AARP, Baptist Health South Florida, Sedano's Supermarkets, Florida Blue and the Miami-Dade Homeless Trust.
5. Plan for a rainy Wednesday in South Florida, and then get ready for the cool. Wednesday night temperatures will dip into the mid-50s. Thanksgiving will bring highs in the low-70s.