• Impact player: Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill threw an interception and threw a bomb to receiver Mike Wallace for a touchdown.
• Highlights: A 35-yard Carolina field-goal attempt by Graham Gano was booted into the back of Panthers linemans neck. Tannehill bootlegged and hit Wallace deep for a 53-yard touchdown. The Dolphins pass rush kept Carolina to a 52-yard field goal from a drive starting at the Dolphins 42.
• Lowlights: Ted Ginns 41-yard punt return put the Panthers on the Dolphins 42. Tannehills interception was a bad throw tipped by six people before Carolina cornerback Josh Thomas came down picked it off.
• Impact player: Caleb Sturgis hit all three field goal attempts, 32, 47 and 23 yards, and kicked touchbacks after each of them.
• Highlights: The Dolphins defense didnt allow a first down for the first 14:26 of the quarter. Cornerback Nolan Carroll baited Cam Newton into throwing for Brandon LaFell, then intercepted and ran the ball back to the 22.
• Lowlights: Tannehills 57-yard completion to Wallace was underthrown and should have been a touchdown. Thats important when you consider the Dolphins got two field goals, zero touchdowns out of two trips into the red zone. A strategic defensive retreat allowed the 29-yard completion leading to half-closing field goal.
• Impact player: Newton passed for 27 yards and ran for another 27 yards on the first possession drive to set up his 5-yard touchdown run that changed the whole tenor of the second half.
• Highlights: The Dolphins came off the deck and got a couple of first downs after starting at their own 10 to give the defense a rest.
• Lowlights: The defense looked gashed and gassed on that drive. Two carries by Dolphins running back Lamar Miller saw him faced with doom immediately, but he kept fighting until he had lost 9 yards on one, 4 yards on another. Daniel Thomas injured his ankle on the last play of the quarter.
• Impact player: Newton again. He hit a fourth-and-10 pass to Steve Smith, ran for a first down on third-and-1, then slipped his way into a bonus 15-yard penalty on the way to throwing the winning pass to Greg Olsen.
• Highlights: Joe Philbins second successful challenge of the day overturned a ruling of incomplete on a third down catch by Charles Clay and let the Dolphins take more time off the clock. Well, only 23 seconds, which was a problem.
• Lowlights: Wallace dropped the last-second deep ball at the goal line when he got behind Carolinas single coverage. The defense had second-and-18 at the Panthers 12 and fourth-and-10 at the 20 and couldnt get off the field.