• The Bimini Big Game Club will host the Wahoo Smackdown III Thursday through Saturday in Bimini, Bahamas. Entry fee is $1,250 per boat with up to four anglers. First prize is $5,000. Visit http://www.biggameclubbimini.com/big-game-tournament.htm or call 800-867-4764.
• The Miami Rowing & Watersports Center, 3601 Rickenbacker Causeway, will host a free watersports open house Nov. 30 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Try out standup paddleboards, kayaks, rowing shells, outrigger canoes, Dragon boats, kiteboards and sailboards. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Hollywood HIlls Saltwater Fishing, Science and Social Club will meet at 7 p.m. Dec. 4 at Shenanigan’s East Side Pub, 1300 S. Federal Highway, Hollywood. Guest speaker is University of Miami professor Jerry Ault on “sustaining tarpon and bonefish fisheries: rocket science on the flats.” Email professorarthur
• Attend a free, family-friendly swamp heritage festival Dec. 7 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Big Cypress Swamp Welcome Center, 33000 Tamiami Trail East, Ochopee. The event featres storytellers, historians, music, food, art and displays. Visit www.nps.gov/bicy.
• Biscayne National Park will kick off its seasonal free Family Fun Fests on Dec. 8 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dante Fascell Visitor Center. The theme is “The Hungry Games” exploring how the park’s animals get their food, and it is targeted at families with toddlers. The city of Homestead will provide free trolley transportation to the event. For more information, call 305-230-7275, ext 0 or visit www.nps.gov/bisc.
• Cheeca Lodge & Spa will host the 24th annual Cheeca Lodge Presidental Sailfish Tournament Jan. 16-18 in Islamorada. Entry fee is $695 for the first angler; $645 for each additional angler up to four per boat. Trophies will be awarded. Call Julie Olsen at 305-577-4449 or email email@example.com.